Print Story the internets ate my diary
Star Wars
By gzt (Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 10:41:05 AM EST) gzt, chess, repair, burritos, games (all tags)
We started watching Sherlock. Really enjoyed it.

Had people over for burritos and games last night. Good burritos, not much gaming. Had a new lady over, she seemed nice. She arrived late, so she missed the one game we played and all the burritos.

Downside of making good burritos: the beans involved have an odor the next day.

I have a game of chess tonight after class. Not sure how good my opponent will be or if they are providing dinner or anything.

I wrote more in my other diary, but I'm not going to spend much effort repairing what got eaten. I do too much of that at work at the moment. Specifically, at this exact moment.

I'm re-reading The Diamond Age right now. After that, I will read Princess of Mars. I have not read it before. I hear it is good. I also got a few books which are relevant to my plan to go back to school: The War of Art, Do the Work (by the same author), and A PhD is Not Enough. I have also ordered Getting What You Came For, but that has not yet arrived. They were all fairly cheap and will be fairly light, but challenging and useful reads.

< Gas, lads | Sick Day >
the internets ate my diary | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
But which game? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 11:02:43 AM EST
I may be playing Hive this weekend.

Airships by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 11:06:39 AM EST
A light dice game. Fairly fun, not spectacular.

my gf liked princess of mars by garlic (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 03:15:07 PM EST
but is irritated at disney for taking the princess out of the title of the story in their movie.

Blame Disney's contracts by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 03:19:42 PM EST
If a movie title contains the word "Princess" it has to be musical.

I enjoyed The Diamond Age. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 03:42:40 PM EST

I also pressed post too soon. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 03:45:26 PM EST
But I have no idea what I was intending to write, so maybe I'll have to leave it like this.

Sherlock... by TPD (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 07:57:27 PM EST
series 1 or 2?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
series 1 by gzt (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 09:17:53 PM EST
though, hey, we watched two of 'em, so we're already almost done with it.

SPOILER: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Feb 14, 2012 at 12:52:00 AM EST
MORIARTY KILLS A MAJOR CHARACTER IN THE FINALE.

(Comment Deleted) by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Feb 14, 2012 at 12:52:27 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by ammoniacal

the internets ate my diary | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback