Print Story Starbucks Nicknames
Drugs
By riceowlguy (Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 10:34:11 AM EST) (all tags)
Important stuff.

I feel like assigning nicknames to all the various Starbucks locations I frequent.  The fact that this list is as long as it is is probably a sign of the impending Mayan apocalypse, right up there with Burger King home delivery.

The one closest to my house, that I will go to in the mornings before tennis lessons or bike rides or flying lessons, is Loudmouth Starbucks.  It is not a good place to go chill with a book; the baristas are usually arguing over the temperature the A/C is kept at, or what the problem with the Texans is, or bragging about the obscure craft beer they've been drinking lately (that part is actually kind of cool).

On the opposite end of the noise spectrum is Study Starbucks, the one in Rice Village that is quiet as a tomb and full of people studying.

The one right at the corner of three ritzy independent neighborhoods (Bellaire, West University, and Southside Place), across from a Whole Foods, that I hit on the way to work from my house is Yoga Pants Starbucks.  I think that's pretty self explanatory.

The one I used to go to all the time when I lived near it for six years, but have lately avoided because of construction, but still go to before tennis practice some morning when I'm tired of bagels, is Preppy Starbucks, particularly for the hour before school starts.

The one that I go to between work and my girlfriend's apartment is Smoking Europeans Starbucks.  Seriously, there's always somebody lighting up with an accent out in front.

< A strange glow in the sky | go, ye heroes, go to glory >
Starbucks Nicknames | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Yoga Pants Starbucks by georgeha (4.00 / 7) #1 Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 10:39:53 AM EST
I'm skeptical, I'll need pics for proof.

Agreed by Gedvondur (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 03:28:57 PM EST
One also wonders why you would need names for any of the other Starbucks, when Yoga Pants is the only one you should be going into.

"So I will be hitting the snatch hard, I think, tonight." - gzt
If he's on his bike by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 03:33:55 PM EST
he shouldn't go anywhere near yoga pants wearing latte sipping SUV drivers.

getting run over by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 03:38:26 PM EST
worked for George McFly ...

Georgeha Johnson is right. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Feb 02, 2012 at 01:10:33 AM EST
HARUMPH!

girlfriend? by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 08:50:15 PM EST
did I miss a post?

Not here, no by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Feb 02, 2012 at 08:43:40 AM EST
all over the Book of Facing, yes...sort of.  I'm keeping things more or less private for now.

you can't say "keeping things private" by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Feb 02, 2012 at 09:38:47 AM EST
and "all over facebook" in the same sentence, unless there was a "i was trying to" and "my $friend put it" involved.

Well by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Feb 02, 2012 at 09:58:58 AM EST
It's one thing to get on Facebook and post pictures of us doing cool stuff together, and its another to get on here and post a big long deep dive into all the stuff, which I kind of feel is what this site is all about.

Of course, I did pretty much just break that by dropping her casually into a meaningless fluff diary, didn't I?  Hrmf.

Starbucks Nicknames | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback