Print Story The Short Short Version
Family
By R343L (Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 01:14:13 PM EST) marriage (all tags)
As some of you on other social media may have guessed, my now four year partner (and three years living together) and I got married last night.

It was a short ceremony, officiated by a friend, held at a friend's house with baked pasta and cake afterwords (the cake was baked by the officiant's partner and it was AMAZING). It was in fact basically what I would want from a wedding and still felt a bit like too much fuss. But it was a good time, much champagne was drunk, I may have teared up a bit. There are pictures on other social networks.

We'll be having a less short notice party later this spring (sorry hulver) for friends and family to actually come too. I'll be inviting the hussies as we don't plan to do anything so elaborate that group size matters too much and our families know we're a bit strange. I'll post details when we've settled on plausible dates.

< Grief. | End of the World is Nigh!!! >
The Short Short Version | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Congratulations by anonimouse (4.00 / 3) #1 Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 01:22:29 PM EST
And I'd like to say it Slashdot style:

First Toast!!

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Congratulations!!! by clock (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 01:34:46 PM EST
Good on ya and my best to you both!!!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

hussies by aphrael (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 01:39:49 PM EST
not to mention which, the husites in the bay area sorta merged with your social circle anyhow.
Congrats! by ana (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 01:41:29 PM EST
:-D

Wooooooo! by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 02:09:46 PM EST
Congrats!
Woo hoo by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 02:52:14 PM EST
Congratulations!
Woo! by infinitera (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 07:46:42 PM EST
If it feels like too much fuss that means it's just a state-recognized union for an already-existing reality. :) Congrats on your 4 years of great reality!

Mazal tov! by motty (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 10:02:12 PM EST
And congratulations.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
Congratulations! by hulver (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 04:06:00 AM EST

Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Congratulations by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 06:29:49 AM EST

---------------
Great congratulations by johnny (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 09:49:38 PM EST
Happiness. Strength. Joy.

Belated congratulations by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Dec 25, 2012 at 10:31:01 PM EST
Not sure how I missed this, but hurrah for you!

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

hooray! by misslake (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 12:13:15 PM EST
congrats.

i dreamt of you last night. you looked great. you were really happy at work. we went to mexico, which was in a barn next door. there were lots of pretty girls to dance with. you were wearing a short skirt and purple socks.

oddly by R343L (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 05:09:36 PM EST
I have never been to Mexico. I suspect if it were in a barn next door it would be much easier to go to Mexico. We need transporters!

Congrats! by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #15 Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 07:32:47 PM EST
I'm so jealous and happy for you!

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly