Print Story How was it for you?
Zombies
By anonimouse (Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 12:26:24 PM EST) year summary (all tags)
2012 that is.

The first few months seem to have been pretty mundane, but I seem to be ending on an upward trajectory.

Relationships
oGirl wants to see more of me, and I'd like to see more of her, so it's all good. She's going away for Christmas, so there is a two week hiatus in outings after this week.

$friend took me for a drinks round a large Midlands town a few weeks ago, which at one stage resulted in me almost falling asleep in a pub with a Heavy Rock band and ended in overnight exploration of most of the bases short of a home run, so it seems I have a plan B.

Schadenfreude moment: I got moved from "Friends With Benefits" to "Friends Without Benefits" status by someone, as a result of her quietly dating someone - who then promptly dumped her.

Apartments
I have a new man pad for the working week  with the essential man equipment installed/ supplied (32" TV in bedroom, 42" TV in living room, large comfy sofa).

Job
I have just been the victim of an office relocation, or more accurately a determination by the company I'm working for to move to hot desking and squeezing more employees into less space. I may seek an exit plan as a result of this, but it needs to be a good one.

Money
I've actually been a hard working bunny and got to the point where I've got out of some cash flow issues I had last year.

Children
It's all good at the moment

< Food Diary Week 3 | RACISM ALERT: I'm not a racist... Or am I? >
How was it for you? | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Tele-commute from Starbucks. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 08:27:46 PM EST
You lot have them, don't you?

Yes by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 10:36:15 AM EST
I don't know how long for though - we're  trying to get them to pay some tax.

I could tele-commute from my flat which is only 1.5 miles to work and has better facilities.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Fuck that hot-desking noise. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 10:35:49 PM EST

2012 Sucked by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 08:04:59 AM EST
Here's to 2013!

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
2012 was "mixed". by dmg (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 09:11:32 PM EST
I finally returned from the land of the money laundering fence sitters.

But I am now extremely bored at work. The problem is, the system I develop and support has gone cross-divisional. This means that it has to be very heavily supported, and you cannot get away with the cowboy-style just-in-time support that I used to do when it was just the derivatives division.

It's also now a mature platform with 1000s of users, so there's not very much to do with it apart from maintenance upgrades. As a result of this, and the ongoing offshoring of all IT from London to Bangalore, I have a case to make for constructive dismissal, as a C++/Sybase/Perl/Solaris/performance tuning expert I am reduced to editing config files and raising Remedy tickets. On the other hand, there is a good chance of a big fat voluntary redundancy payoff if I simply hang in there. So work sucks.

But I'm not losing sleep over it, and have just bought myself a new toy to complement the old toy (in the more mature 'GT silver' rather than the ostentatious speed yellow in the article). And the saying is true. There IS no substitute.

The other exciting point to mention is that 2012 is not over. We have the the galactic crossing to look forward to at around 10:00 am.

My plan for 2013 is to continue to grant hulver.com the benefit of my wisdom and experience in the hope that others can learn from my approach to life, and succeed in their chosen fields in the same detached egoless way that I do.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

Intense by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Dec 12, 2012 at 04:53:27 AM EST
Highest highs - baby, new cool project, big $$ promotion.
Lowest lows - my father dying, adjustment to major change in way of life not always smooth

I'm in the mood for 2013 to be pleasantly humdrum please.

I am ready by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Dec 12, 2012 at 09:42:22 AM EST
to start making up for all the ground I've lost since 2011 (financial, mental, etc).  I think we have finally gotten some kinks worked out so we can move in the right direction.

How was it for you? | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback