Print Story LHuSi drinks
By hulver (Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 12:02:44 PM EST) (all tags)
Unusually timed LHuSi drinks.

Sunday, 21st October. Starting in the afternoon sometime.

So, there's this guy coming over to London soon.

About the only day I can get down to London to see him is Sunday the 21st. I need to travel down and travel back on the same day, so I'll have to leave at about 8 or 9 at night to catch a train. Not sure when yet as I haven't booked the tickets.

Who can come, who's interested, where shall we go, what shall we do?

As far as I know he's stopping near Covent garden, so not a massive distance from the usual hangout of The Anchor.

Update [2012-10-16 9:54:6 by hulver]: From 2pm here.

< So, Scottish Independence is in the news again... | I was, perhaps, too hard on them >
LHuSi drinks | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Weirdly... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 12:30:49 PM EST
I have an unusually timed business meeting that day. But I hope it will be done by the end of the afternoon, so I'd hope to drop by wherever then.

Excellent, by hulver (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 04:57:32 AM EST
Would be good to see you again if you can make it.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Possibly by TheophileEscargot (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 01:52:40 PM EST
I think I'm free.

If it's a frau-friendly event might see if Girl B wants to come, presumably it's not a massive drinking session on a Sunday afternoon.

Should be by hulver (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 02:46:41 PM EST
Rr won't be there unfortunately, dog and maybe child sitting duties. I think technicians other half will be there, unless she's got better things to do than sit around with creepy internet people.

Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Other half... by ana (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 02:49:54 PM EST
She tolerated creepy internet people well when the two of them visited Bostonia.

And it only took a year to find the cork screw again after everybody came over to the house for a get-together. ;-)

Fr. Dr. technician and I got along swimmingly. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 01:44:29 AM EST
She's pretty awesome.

You can't handle my complete attention.

A maybe from me. by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 02:23:17 PM EST
I already have plans that evening, but an afternoon in London that Sunday is not impossible.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.

Trains appear to happen on Sunday by Vulch (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 02:58:08 PM EST
I'd vaguely planned to wander down if this happened so I probably will, though I'd be another one has to leave earlyish.

Just let me know where to be and when, by technician (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 03:12:56 PM EST
and we'll be there. I'm fine with non competition-level drinking.

Hopefully a few people can show. It's been a very long time.

There may be a Fit and the Conniptions gig at this day and time, though, at The Boogaloo...which looks to be a bit of a hike from us but a short cab ride? I know nothing about getting around in London.

Depending on your... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 03:08:31 AM EST
level of wealth, Archway is far enough that it's better to get the Tube.

Go by tube. by hulver (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 04:58:56 AM EST
I think we should meet up there.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Cool, we'll be there. by technician (2.00 / 0) #21 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 11:36:19 AM EST
Sorting out things like the tube looks like it'll be fun, but if we get there late it's because we got gigantically confused and/or arrested.

fairly easy place to get to by TPD (2.00 / 0) #26 Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 07:26:37 PM EST
 Northern line... train going to high barnet or mill hill east. Get off at Highgate about a minute walk down the archway road.

Alternatively buses 134 from Tottenham Court Road OR 43 from London bridge are easy and go right to it

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

I've an afternoon gig at the Boogaloo in Archway by motty (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 06:20:06 PM EST
Details here and (with incorrect start time) here.

It's a lovely pub, and when I did this gig last month there was an excellent pizza stand out the back - hopefully they'll be there again. Plenty of space in the garden, including covered area, away from the music. The music is mainly acoustic / blues stuff. Very laid-back vibe. I thought Mojo Hand (who played last time and are doing it again this month) were particularly good - real raw bluesy busking stuff. They'll want £3 on the door. Not far from Archway tube. I'll be there from 2pm or so.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

Sounds like a plan by hulver (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 04:54:43 AM EST
Plus, we get to see you play. Drink, food and fine music. What more could you ask for?
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Have they got by Herring (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 06:32:40 AM EST
somewhere safe to park a bicycle?

Or is that a silly idea ...

In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Can your bicycle... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #19 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 11:04:25 AM EST
be nailed to the floor? That might do the trick on Archway.

I was wondering by Herring (4.00 / 2) #20 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 11:16:55 AM EST
if I could lock it up in a beer garden or something. Might be a pleasant ride through London on a Sunday. And then back through London in the dark while pissed. On fixed. Safer than the Northern Line anyway.

There's definitely a beer garden by motty (2.00 / 0) #23 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 08:19:26 PM EST
Seemed like a very laid back place, so I'd be surprised if there was a problem with you wheeling your bike through and locking it up out the back.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

Highgate is closer by TPD (4.00 / 1) #25 Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 07:10:11 PM EST
 Very convenient for me if I am in London

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Oh god you're right by motty (2.00 / 0) #27 Thu Oct 18, 2012 at 07:29:38 PM EST
Total complete brainfart on my part. Apologies.

Yes. It's near Highgate tube. Not Archway.

Sorry for confusion.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

After my initial excitement by TPD (2.00 / 0) #28 Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 04:45:57 AM EST
looks like I am going to have to be Daddy up in Nowheresville on Sunday :(.... do you play there a lot? next time I will definitely try and catch your act!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Damn by johnny (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 10:27:24 PM EST
Anybody want to buy me an airplane ticket & provide a place to sleep? Too-also, I would have to get a passport. Anybody have a spare one I could borrow?

2.5 years ago Technician and his even better half put me up for a week in Texas. Just excellent people. Y'all Londoners should check 'em out just to see what the "other" Texans are like.

Place to sleep: No problem. by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 1) #15 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 06:08:24 AM EST
The other bits might be more difficult.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.

I should be there. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #17 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 09:34:24 AM EST
Probably at around 4ish until 9ish. Looking forward to it.

Marvellous. by hulver (4.00 / 1) #18 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 09:56:12 AM EST
Will be good to see you again.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Got to ask the missus by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #22 Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 11:43:35 AM EST
Maybe...

60/40 by TPD (2.00 / 0) #24 Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 09:38:37 AM EST
I should be able to make it but depends if I have the kids or not

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

There goddamn well will be by johnny (4.00 / 2) #29 Sat Oct 20, 2012 at 08:22:53 PM EST
photos posted to HuSi.

When the legendary MNS, lindze and ra3l (sp???) met up with yours truly in San Francisco, after all, there were pix. And pix went up, I do bleeve, of yrs truly with Atreides at home palace of aforesaid technician.

If I can submit myself to the horrible camera in obeisance to HuSi,  so can y'all Brits, I would think.

So it is written, so it shall be done. One would hope.

We-all others will be waiting with bated breath for the report.

Audience so far by Vulch (4.00 / 2) #30 Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 09:48:26 AM EST
 Me, a cat and the barmaid

On our way by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 2) #31 Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 10:26:33 AM EST
By bus now.

I'm at Swindon by ambrosen (4.00 / 2) #32 Sun Oct 21, 2012 at 10:42:25 AM EST
See you a little after 5.

Seems there's no 14.43 train on Sundays, which meant I lost half an hour to sitting in the station

LHuSi drinks | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback