Print Story kinda slow here lately
Sport
By clover kicker (Fri Sep 23, 2011 at 05:32:40 PM EST) (all tags)
Let's liven things up with a discussion of everyone's favorite passtime, NHL hockey!

First of all, the elusive but hilarious double knockout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W6dSgTcYu4

Well, 3 days into the preseason and we've already had suspensions. I like the official NHL video announcements, shows exactly what happened, what the rules are, and why they decided on the suspension. Now the true test will come when a star does something retarded. Will the league be tough on the big money guys, or is harsh justice reserved for 4th line goons?

Speaking of fourth line goons, the Sens are freaking stacked with bruisers this year. This year looks to be a mirror image of the powerhouse Sens of a few years ago, they'll be blown out on the scoreboard but never get pushed around in the corners. I'm all for it, keep those rookies feeling safe and give the fans some little thing to cheer about.

Lots of interesting stories around the league. How much hangover will Boston have? Can the Canucks ever get their act together? Will this year's free-agent finally lead the Rangers to the promised land? When will Sid return, and how will he play?

Also, will be nice to see the Jets back in the 'peg.

< Writing contest | Like a worn-out shoe >
kinda slow here lately | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Today! by me0w (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Sep 23, 2011 at 07:07:17 PM EST
I purchased tickets for a Sens/Habs game. It is on my anniversary ... and I shall be dragging my SO to watch two teams he hates. Best anniversary ever!

there is but one star by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Sep 23, 2011 at 09:30:17 PM EST
and I am afraid he's just not ever gonna play again. ( I think he can play and wants to play but has seen the studies and the evidence and he doesn't want to die in 15 years brain damaged.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Aw he'll be back by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Sep 24, 2011 at 03:25:07 PM EST
It takes more then a couple of concussions to kill you in 15 years, hell Stevens KO'd Lindros almost 15 years ago and he's still walking and talking.

well by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Sep 24, 2011 at 05:34:33 PM EST
Something is up.  And it's not the stock market.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Can't participate by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun Sep 25, 2011 at 10:42:55 AM EST
I grew up in Florida. In the 70s. There was an ice rink 2 hrs away once a year. There was no hockey. The game makes no sense to me, so I'm useless here.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Going to a Flyers/Caps game by miker2 (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Sep 26, 2011 at 09:40:36 AM EST
on October 20th.  First game back for Shelley after the suspension for that awful boarding penalty against the Leafs.  Let's hope the Flyers avoid the 2 month end-of-season skid they had last year and make a run at the cup again.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
Old man Jagr looking pretty good by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Sep 27, 2011 at 08:31:40 AM EST
Had 3 points last night, yeesh.

A lot of variables in Philly this year, could be a epic season or a complete washout.

kinda slow here lately | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback