Print Story UKian infidels...
By yankeehack (Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 08:49:53 AM EST) (all tags)
In light of the recent events, is everyone OK? Are your family, friends, homes, towns, cars, bikes, etc. OK? Also, found this flyer via Twitter that suggests some organization to the riots.

Keep us updated. That is all.

< poorly planned, last minute and probably ill-advised | We're putting the band back together. >
UKian infidels... | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
No trouble in Sheffield yet. by hulver (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 08:54:10 AM EST
That flyer is one that did the rounds during some Student protests, which were organised. I don't think it's connected to the riots.

I hope all the London people are OK. Some of them have been quite quiet lately anyway.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

It's been reprinted though by darkbrown (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 09:00:14 AM EST
Because it now says Tottenham at the top

They looted the bike shop by Herring (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 09:33:53 AM EST
But they haven't burned down my workplace yet.

I was going to take the boy to watch the racing at Crystal Palace tonight. I think I'll skip it.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Sorry about the workplace... by Cwis (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 09:46:36 AM EST
Maybe tonight?

who loots a bike shop?! by R343L (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 04:24:06 PM EST
You'd think you'd stick with easily carried things and bikes don't come to mind ... and parts don't seem like the kind of things most people would know how to sell (or realize the value of some of them).

No idea by Herring (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 05:46:10 PM EST
By the way, my new Colnago C50 with Zipp 404 wheels looks the business...

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Everything's gonna be «just fine» by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 10:10:04 AM EST

I'm worried about breaker by MillMan (4.00 / 3) #6 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 01:34:12 PM EST
or rather the number of rioters he's likely offed...

Exactly what I was thinking about. n/t by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 02:01:02 PM EST

he has that shed. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #13 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 06:21:27 PM EST
He'll be fine.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
None. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Aug 12, 2011 at 05:31:49 PM EST
So far...

Forget the state controlled media.. by dmg (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 02:10:45 PM EST
This link is probably the best source I have found for up to date info.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
I am worried about you people across the ocean by purr (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 03:48:34 PM EST

Please be careful and stay safe.
Life is good when you are young. Then it sucks when you are old. And then you die. Live it while you got it.
Hitler's v2s, IRA truck bombs, Islamic suiciders by dmg (4.00 / 2) #11 Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 04:42:54 PM EST
It's just another day at the office for most Londoners..
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
As a member of the unemployed by Phage (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 09:02:26 AM EST
I can only say that the rural life is pretty idyllic right now.
However we all know what needs to be done.

What I did today by Phage (4.00 / 1) #15 Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 09:07:02 AM EST