Print Story not a big Royal family watcher
By clover kicker (Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 09:44:46 AM EST) (all tags)
But I admit it requires serious balls to send the heir to the throne out on a Sea King helicopter, the whole fleet is 30 years past the expiry date and has a history of sudden mechanical failures.

inside - not much of interest

Life is about as exciting as it ever gets, i.e. excruciatingly dull. I suppose we're all getting 3 square meals a day and the roof doesn't leak so I shouldn't complain.

I made a Cordon Bleu the other day that didn't involve a can of cream of mushroom soup, was quite good and surprisingly easy.

A recent shuffle of my satellite package has given me the Food Network. I'm a bit surprised at how little of it is trying to show me how to cook, it's basicly all reality shows and contests. I like Iron Chef as much as the next guy but I was hoping for more stuff like Good Eats.

Been playing around with panorama stitching software, http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

The idea is that you take a bunch of handheld shots that overlap somewhat. The software figures out where to join them together and makes a big pano from the individual JPEGs.

The default settings give surprisingly good results, and it's a helluva lot cheaper then a fisheye lens.

< I went down, down, down | Ich liebe Berlin >
not a big Royal family watcher | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
(Comment Deleted) by robot lover (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 10:39:18 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by robot lover

the gallery is impressive by clover kicker (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 11:01:29 AM EST
But it might give you the wrong idea, the software can also stitch much smaller numbers of shots and give good results.

You know, you're trying to get a picture of the outside of that cathedral and you can't zoom out far enough to get the whole thing and the bell tower in the shot. Simple, just shoot a 2x2 grid and stitch them together.

Mundane, but handy.

Yeah, I've used it. by hulver (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 11:13:09 AM EST
I stitched together about 7 pictures as a panorama from some holiday shots I did. It did a very impressive job, with only a bit of tweaking required where some people had moved about on the border of two of the images.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
I am now. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 10:52:55 AM EST

photoshop elements by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 05:02:34 PM EST
Does panorama stitching.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

my cheapskate nature by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jul 07, 2011 at 02:32:56 PM EST
has prevented me from trying PE.

I did upgrade an old copy of the ACDSee viewer to ACDSee pro, which seems to be roughly the equivilant of Lightroom.

not a big Royal family watcher | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback