Print Story *yawn*
By MillMan (Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 05:16:31 AM EST) (all tags)
Eh, why not.

My roommate's ladyfriend sounds like she is having some pretty outstanding orgasms, so it's going to be about 30 minutes (give or take) before I can get to sleep anyway.

So I mentioned on fb a few weeks back that one of my clinic clients walked out on me about 30 seconds into the massage. She has some issues (delusions among who knows what else) and I found out through the grapevine that she's now suing the school for apparent injuries she received while getting massaged.

I ordered a Tokina 11-16mm wide angle lens for the D7000. A while back a friend of mine who has really good photo skills was telling how how much more she can do with it vs. a 18mm lens (the widest I can currently go) which got me thinking about it. So my lens setup will be:

Tokina 11-16mm
Nikon 18-200mm
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
some macro lens converter thingy I recently ordered and I hope works

I think that's pushing it space wise with the motorcycle but whatever. One less pair of boxers or something.

I'm starting to make for reals friends at massage school! Only took four months. One plays WoW and is a big nerd and does yoga (we did bikram last weekend), one is a really smart and eccentric sort who is a very intuitively talented bodyworker (and good at other things too), and the other is a mostly-lesbian ball of chaotic sensuality who everyone loves. I've given a few tandem massages with her and it's a lot of fun.

Work gave me some unrestricted stock options, the first batch of which becomes available to me on June 15 of next year. I'd really like to quit work as soon as I'm done with school next April, but it's just enough money (at today's stock price anyway) to make me think about it. I've also become suspicious that my travel plans are the worst kept secret at my company (not because of this though).

Last but not least, $college_girlfriend is coming to visit labor day weekend. Kind of hoping I can talk her onto the motorcycle.

< 1 year for the Olympics | Ent dead yet. >
*yawn* | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
11-16mm by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #1 Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 08:33:51 AM EST
My Sigma 10-20mm is one of my favourite lenses. The picture quality is fantastic, and you can do so much more (like, say, indoor shots. Every time I use it I think I want to become a real estate agent, then I realize that that would mean I'd be a real estate agent.)

What's the point of travelling with the 50mm f/1.8? On a digital camera, that's about 75mm which is useful for portraits, but not so much so for walking around and being able to just pull it out and shoot without thinking. If you want the old film 50mm "the zoom is exactly what I see with my eyes) equivalent don't you need something more like 35mm?

Vive le Montréal libre.

50mm by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 01:17:05 PM EST
for portraits and the shallow DOF. The bokeh quality beats the pants off the 18-200 too for times when I'm concerned with it. It's also fund to have on on occasion because it forces me into compositions I wouldn't otherwise choose.

Yes by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 02:02:13 PM EST
It's great for portraits when you need a shallow DoF.. but my point is, why are you taking it on the road if you're short on space?

Vive le Montréal libre.
oh that by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 02:55:47 PM EST
it's tiny vs. the other two lenses. "Pushing it" was referring to adding the 11-16mm.

nifty fifty by clover kicker (4.00 / 1) #5 Sat Jul 30, 2011 at 05:54:24 PM EST
They're fast, cheap, sharp, light, compact, it's a lot of lens for a hundred bucks.

Maybe I'm just used to it, but the short tele focal length rarely bugs me, it's usually possible to take a step back.

*yawn* | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback