Print Story Attn: Cunts of SE5
By Breaker (Sat Jun 11, 2011 at 09:48:51 AM EST) (all tags)
South London, near Camberwell.

When someone has their car boot open as they ferry shopping from the car to the house, do you:

A) Nick the big crate of top end beers costing £20, because you're teenagers and lager is an unknown fun?

B) Nick the bag of cold things, meat, cheese and so on, for about £25, because you're starving and you need to eat something decent for a change?

C) Nick a child size pink bucket and spade set (£4) because you're a complete and utter cunt?

Two teens chose option C.  I could have forgiven them A or B, just about, but C...

I've only just settled MiniBreaker now.  How long it takes me to settle myself, however, is another matter.

< I am on a bad luck streak | Dimly visible, >
Attn: Cunts of SE5 | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
(Comment Deleted) by robot lover (2.00 / 2) #1 Sat Jun 11, 2011 at 10:01:45 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by robot lover

Can we assume by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Jun 11, 2011 at 11:12:48 AM EST
Said teens have now been homogenised into a a smooth pink paste?

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Nope by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Jun 11, 2011 at 11:54:19 AM EST
I'll run the tiny, tiny risk of having both kids in a car behind locked doors while I carry shopping in and out of the house.

I'll be absent for ~10s a time.  I don't think anyone can smash a reinforced car door window, open the door, and undo a 3 point harness or a seatbelt around a carseat and nick one of my kids in that timeframe.

I could have run after the thieves; that would have meant leaving the kids out of my sight for too long.

And this is why Americans have guns. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Jun 11, 2011 at 04:16:34 PM EST
Or something.

Bad luck. Sorry to hear of Minibreaker having to find out that that kind of person exists.

Thanks man. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Jun 16, 2011 at 05:49:02 PM EST
I think she's largely forgotten it now, luckily.

Let me guess: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Jun 11, 2011 at 12:00:07 PM EST
The open boot lid was facing the street. Back in the drive next time, or hire a watchman.

(Comment Deleted) by mellow teletubby (4.00 / 3) #5 Sat Jun 11, 2011 at 12:17:59 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by mellow teletubby

Bastards, by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Jun 11, 2011 at 04:22:31 PM EST
I hope they catch e-Coli.

Is there any change of replacing the bucket before she wakes or is the shop already closed?

that does seem odd. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Jun 11, 2011 at 09:39:06 PM EST

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
They were performing a community service. by yicky yacky (4.00 / 2) #9 Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 08:33:19 AM EST

They stole a cheap and non-essential luxury (while leaving expensive luxuries and necessities behind) in order to remind the car owner not to be an idiot by leaving a boot open and unsupervised near Camberwell.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
My procedure by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Jun 14, 2011 at 06:28:05 AM EST
Unloading car in urban (inside M25) London: I know it is a PITA, but it is the only way to keep urban teenagers honest.

This is one of the bad things I miss about Mexico, over there rich people live with rich people and poor people live with poor people, in London you have afluent people living side by side with people in council housing (some of which will be inevitably troublemakers).

The rise of walled communities has taken too long to come to London: the flat where I used to live in Meridian 0 had locked external doors to enter the state and private parking, in spite of having lots of council housing, it was immensily better to live there than the traditional terraced houses you find elsewhere in town (council housing tenants knew that if there was a problem in the state troublemakers could be identified quickly and dealt with much more faster, that worked wonders).

Chicago by barooo (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Jun 14, 2011 at 12:45:50 PM EST
Is supposed to be bad, but I left a nice pair of sunglasses (like $150ish) sitting on the seat of my motorcycle overnight and they were still there the next morning.  I'm lazy and load and unload groceries with the trunk open all the time.  Hell, I've left my car running while I ran up to use the bathroom before.

I never lock my motorcycle either (meaning a u-lock or disc lock or whatnot), but then again, who would steal a K75?

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
Hard to do by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Jun 16, 2011 at 05:48:38 PM EST
With an easily bored 2 year old in the car.

I've always chanced it (except for the kids safety; that part of the car is locked always if the car is out of my sight); I'm just surprised the higher value, more interesting things didn't get nicked.

Add a couple of steps by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #14 Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 06:32:01 AM EST
  • Grab child.
  • Chain child to sofa.

Walled communities in London by dmg (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Jul 04, 2012 at 08:03:47 PM EST
Are viewed unfavourably by the planning committees in London. Some sort of social engineering bullshit no doubt, of the same kind that makes them approve developments with no parking.

I live in one, but unfortunately, the carpark is not linked to the compound, so I still have to brave the mean streets of SE1 with my shopping.

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

Attn: Cunts of SE5 | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback