Print Story International Travel. A Lord Hulver and RR update.
Travel
By ReboundRabbit (Sun May 29, 2011 at 03:04:49 PM EST) (all tags)
Because you all haven't heard from us in such a long time, and sure are longing for an update.

Did I really write "haven't heard from us"? Is it already time for the all-covering "us"? The "here we come, we only exist in a double-pack"?

Eh. No. I just write this because Lord Hulver didn't have any time in the past weeks/days.

So. All is fine. That's good to know. RR and Hulver never have been happier. So are D1 and D2 of his Lordship. Everything and everybody is settled in nicely, and most of my (RR's) stuff is now located at his Lordship's humble home.

Still no job for RR. Very frustrating. Working some freelance translation jobs, for weird clients - a pain in the Allerwertesten.

One thing is great though, I finally got my date for the thesis disputation in Berlin. Which will be in early July. RR and Hulver are sooo excited to finally go to Berlin. So if any Berlin/Germany HuSians are in the mood for a short catch-up...?

While talking about international travel arrangements. His Lordship is finally on his long awaited and deserved one week vacation to Greece with whole family (saddly excluding RR). I hope he'll have loads of fun and can relax... Besides that I am missing him already terribly, and really wonder how I will manage the next days without him.

I know, a very short update - but nonetheless an update.

Take care,
Yours faithfully
RR

< Sing for the Laughter | We Have Arrived Safely >
International Travel. A Lord Hulver and RR update. | 34 comments (34 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Yay by kwsNI (4.00 / 2) #1 Sun May 29, 2011 at 03:06:12 PM EST
Glad to hear things are well there.

Thanks! :) (n/t) by ReboundRabbit (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun May 29, 2011 at 03:09:28 PM EST

Optional activity: Standing around and enjoying life. -- Jan Gehl (Architect)

I miss you too my love by hulver (4.00 / 2) #3 Sun May 29, 2011 at 03:16:38 PM EST
:-*
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
8 days, 2 hours, 39 Minutes. by ReboundRabbit (4.00 / 1) #4 Sun May 29, 2011 at 03:22:04 PM EST
But who is counting. :-*

Optional activity: Standing around and enjoying life. -- Jan Gehl (Architect)

Get a room you two! /nt by yankeehack (4.00 / 3) #5 Sun May 29, 2011 at 03:25:45 PM EST

They did by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #19 Mon May 30, 2011 at 05:09:16 AM EST
..well several in a building called a house actually

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Berlin!!! by dmg (4.00 / 1) #6 Sun May 29, 2011 at 03:41:03 PM EST
Be sure to visit berghain
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Lived in Berlin long time... by ReboundRabbit (4.00 / 2) #7 Sun May 29, 2011 at 03:44:01 PM EST
but never been to it. They don't really play my kind of music, but I heard a lot about it... There are loads of other nice clubs! Like Lido, SO36, Rosie's ...

Optional activity: Standing around and enjoying life. -- Jan Gehl (Architect)

Berlin clubbing is the best.. by dmg (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun May 29, 2011 at 04:09:53 PM EST
London,Ibiza and New York are all good, but the Berliners are so into their electronic music. Ritter butzke is also worth a visit depending what's on, and there are any number of underground events. I have NEVER had a bad clubbing night in Berlin, unlike other places.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Huzzah!! by BadDoggie (4.00 / 1) #9 Sun May 29, 2011 at 04:33:40 PM EST
Having lived in Berlin, you know how poorly connected to the rest of the world and even surrounding same country that dump is. There's a 3- or 5-hour ICE from here so once you know your dates, we'll give it a shot. You'll have no trouble recognising us -- we'll be the ones with real beer.

woof.

Jesus Christ you're a tool -- Dr Thrustgood

Oho! by ReboundRabbit (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun May 29, 2011 at 04:41:35 PM EST
From where are you coming then?
Sent you a PM for further planning :-)

Optional activity: Standing around and enjoying life. -- Jan Gehl (Architect)

Munich by BadDoggie (4.00 / 1) #12 Sun May 29, 2011 at 05:53:17 PM EST
München
Monaco di Bavaria

woof.

Jesus Christ you're a tool -- Dr Thrustgood

(Comment Deleted) by mellow teletubby (3.00 / 3) #13 Sun May 29, 2011 at 05:57:21 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by mellow teletubby

Common ground again! by dmg (4.00 / 1) #14 Sun May 29, 2011 at 06:50:22 PM EST
This has got to stop...
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
(Comment Deleted) by mellow teletubby (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon May 30, 2011 at 04:22:19 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by mellow teletubby

Noooo!! by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #20 Mon May 30, 2011 at 05:10:52 AM EST
Copacabana ftw!

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I've lived in both places. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #28 Mon May 30, 2011 at 09:40:09 PM EST
Apples and oranges.

(Comment Deleted) by mellow teletubby (2.00 / 0) #32 Tue May 31, 2011 at 03:51:03 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by mellow teletubby

(Comment Deleted) by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #29 Mon May 30, 2011 at 09:40:28 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by ammoniacal

Just like a dump by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #30 Tue May 31, 2011 at 03:19:55 AM EST
except the opposite.

Munich is the one with no graffiti, no crime, and an excellent (and cheap) public transport system. And real beer. If you think this place is a dump you only ever saw it from the inside of a 5-pound beer glass as you fought off the attentions of 19-year-old Italian boys.

Berlin is a fucking hole, from the Zoo to K'damm to Charlottenberg to fucking Unter-den-Linden. To understand just how rotten a shithole that place is you only have to know that the East side of the city is better, cooler, and more interesting than the West, so much so that even the people in the East can be called "friendly".

I don't love Munich. I love Reykjavík. I loved NYC. I thought Sydney was pretty fucking cool and Newcastle was strangely my Zen time. I'm sure there are other cities I would love. You can visit Berlin but you can live in Munich.

woof.

Jesus Christ you're a tool -- Dr Thrustgood

(Comment Deleted) by mellow teletubby (2.00 / 0) #31 Tue May 31, 2011 at 03:49:56 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by mellow teletubby

Aww, stop it. by ReboundRabbit (2.00 / 0) #33 Tue May 31, 2011 at 07:29:10 AM EST
There is no reason to argue which city is better. There are lovers of both. My love is Berlin (citywise). I do understand the charme of Munich that it has for some people (with the right size of a wallet).

The only thing I definitely have to disagree is the one with "Munich has no crime".

Optional activity: Standing around and enjoying life. -- Jan Gehl (Architect)

All things are possible by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #18 Mon May 30, 2011 at 04:28:14 AM EST
if you ask your wife before arranging her holidays.

Besides, I hated Berlin the last time I was there; persuade me. I shall require good food and a nice hotel.

It was just a suggestion... by ReboundRabbit (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon May 30, 2011 at 08:50:57 AM EST
We won't have much time... Since we will meet with some of my friends to catch up, too. And then - more important - I want to show my Lord Hulver my Berlin as I know it ... ;-)

How can you not like Berlin though? ;)

Food and drink wise we could certainly meet here

Optional activity: Standing around and enjoying life. -- Jan Gehl (Architect)

And just a joke by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #24 Mon May 30, 2011 at 03:25:12 PM EST
I just prefer it when my holidays aren't organised while I'm sleeping, usually. I'm fussy that way.

The last time I was in Berlin was eleven years ago, I was broke and stayed in a horrible hostel miles from anywhere in the former East. Berlin and I got off on the wrong foot, although I'm willing to give it another go.

Heh. by sugar spun (4.00 / 2) #25 Mon May 30, 2011 at 03:27:29 PM EST
I had to switch your link back into German to read the menu. This from the woman who moved here with a sum total of German equivalent to the first three Michel Thomas Foundation Course CDs.

Don't tell me they used Google Translation by ReboundRabbit (2.00 / 0) #26 Mon May 30, 2011 at 03:36:55 PM EST
for their menu! :) I've been to that brewery with another English friend of mine, and have to say it certainly surprised me. They do have really nice tasting German (and Berlin) typical food there. And the beer is nice, too.
Cheap hostels in East Berlin can be scary. I am sure they have improved in the mean while. And so has hopefully your Geldboerse :) However, let us know if you consider coming over.... for a nice beer and Berliner Boulette. Nomnomnom.

Optional activity: Standing around and enjoying life. -- Jan Gehl (Architect)

It's not the Denglish by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #27 Mon May 30, 2011 at 03:54:01 PM EST
It's just that I don't know the words in English. If I was speaking English and wanted to eat a Schweineshaxe, I would ask for a Schweineshaxe, not a pig's knuckle.

Sold on the Flammkuchen though. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Don't screw up though by Captain Tenille (4.00 / 1) #34 Tue May 31, 2011 at 03:22:44 PM EST
and accidentally order the Schweinehexe. Bad news, that.

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

All good then! by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #10 Sun May 29, 2011 at 04:35:36 PM EST
Glad to hear it! :)

606... by ana (4.00 / 1) #15 Sun May 29, 2011 at 08:37:15 PM EST
is there. Might have to contact him via facebook to get his attention, though.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

(Comment Deleted) by mellow teletubby (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon May 30, 2011 at 04:21:09 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by mellow teletubby

I was wondering if maybe you'd worn him out by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #22 Mon May 30, 2011 at 10:22:10 AM EST
and he was recovering somewhere.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Nope. by ReboundRabbit (4.00 / 1) #23 Mon May 30, 2011 at 10:23:44 AM EST
His condition is amazing.

Optional activity: Standing around and enjoying life. -- Jan Gehl (Architect)