Print Story Wednesday is here!
By dev trash (Wed May 25, 2011 at 09:13:51 PM EST) (all tags)
I always start these out as a regular diary and then by the third paragraph I realize it'll need to go to the hole.

Today did the same thing except I remembered something and knew by the third word that it'd be a hole.

Anyway.  I have two vacations scheduled.  One is next week, the other is in August.  The one in August was where Virginia gal, S and I were going to road trip it to the Badlands.  And then that ended, and then it sorta got going again, and then she kept posting she was getting action on her FB wall and I ended it for good.  In the last two weeks she's sent friend requests again. So yeah that was the second vacation.  This first one I'm going out to visit my uncle in Kent.  Staying until Tuesday and then back to the apartment for some relaxing.

Today was looking for a replacement trip for August, something not in the Commonwealth, but something not too far away.  I think Mt. Washington would be nice for a few days.  Went to the website and saw that they're looking for an IT/Weather Observer.

Very tempted to apply. Eight days on, six days off.  Would be great in the summer.  Probably not so great in January.

My BASH script not working was a simple sh vs bash as the interpreter.  All is good now.  Only thing I need to get working is vncviewer to my other boxen.

Anyway.  Post this!

< some words of advise | things I hate doing >
Wednesday is here! | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
New rule by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed May 25, 2011 at 10:10:54 PM EST
Avoid S's.  Mine didn't do facebook, but implied she was getting some too.

kinda hard by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed May 25, 2011 at 10:31:08 PM EST
The 70s were a boon for S-named girls.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
And Jennifers. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu May 26, 2011 at 08:24:43 PM EST

It's hard to avoid Jennifers by lm (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat May 28, 2011 at 06:41:41 PM EST
As a young man, I dated four Jennifers in row. I married the last of them.

Not that I disagree with your point, mind you. It's just that when speaking of women born in the late sixties through the early eighties, it's hard to avoid Jennifers.

Cicero, The Republic
I graduated with just one by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat May 28, 2011 at 10:02:55 PM EST
out of a class of 300.  But, well, I know a lot more than that now.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Was Jennifer Jones *that* popular? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat May 28, 2011 at 11:01:54 PM EST
That name just snowballed and I can't deduce why.

New hampshire is great in august by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 26, 2011 at 08:14:03 AM EST
Since it's brutal hot down here and nice up there.  If you're going to the Lake Winnepessaukee  (sp?) area, avoid the weekend of the 21st, since there's a major triathlon going on that'll make hotels very expensive.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
22-26 by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu May 26, 2011 at 06:35:16 PM EST
If I had not been so lazy I'd have my passport, and I'd drop into Canada for a bit.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Vacation all I ever wanted by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu May 26, 2011 at 01:13:05 PM EST
I'm taking a week off in August then two weeks around the Christmas Holidays - with a few days mixed in (like tomorrow) with holidays to make 4 day weekends.

I almost enjoy just taking a some time off to putz about and do nothing than to have an action packed schedule in some remote location. We're going to the beach in August and I plan on doing as little as possible - mainly sitting on a nice beach chair watching the waves roll in in-between meals!

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Wednesday is here! | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback