Print Story game pimpage
Games
By TPD (Mon May 23, 2011 at 08:37:40 AM EST) (all tags)
This time not my own (Inner-Spin available for the Nokia N900 from all good Maemo Extras Testing/Dev repositories)  ..... but Switch Frenzy - a game you* might actually be able to play (what with it being playable on those ever so popular iphongamyjig thingys)

Also some TPD updates (new guitar and other stuff of little interest to anyone but me)

Tiebreak frenzy: blank frenzy

* where you = a subset of YOU LOT

<PINTEARNAGE>

A friend and co-worker has just released a game it's been really interesting to see the progress of the app from a simple move this switch up and down proof of concept, to a fast paced, growl inducing, hair ripping out, addictive as hell (though I actually imagine hell is probably not really very addictive at all) arcade game... Also the game is a really good indication of how drunk you are if you ever try playing it in the pub after a pint or 2.

Obviously I am a tad biased but these guys aren't http://www.nineoverten.com/2011/05/18/switch-frenzy-iphone-game-review-excellent-arcade-fun/ and neither are these guys http://www.148apps.com/reviews/switch-frenzy-review/

You can grab it from the appstore (free for the next week or so I think) from here

If you do like it please do recommend it along.

</PINTEARNAGE>

It's pretty interesting to see just how hard it is to get noticed with an iphone app, Inner-spin is currently up to to over 17000 downloads (obviously that would probably 17 if it wasn't free), while the N900s shelf life is probably not great the fact that games/apps are much thinner on the ground means getting notice is not to bad... this is quite interesting http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/Rovio+news/news.asp?c=17921 although I guess download rates probably picked up a little for the iphone ;). Even so slightly wondering what my next hobby project might be, I am less inclined to jump the N900 boat than I was before I released it.

Oh and I have a new (cheapo) guitar.... from a pawn shop (one of those cash converter thingys) a vintage vrs 100 with an extra wierd knob thing (which I think is some kind of graduated coil tap), it was just over £100 and is actually a surprising good guitar... great sound good pickups... though it's slightly baseball bat like to hold it sparked a fair few hours tearing my fingers apart refamiliarising themselves with a fret board)... this may become my london guitar, or it may just stay up in nowheresville with the others so it doesn't get too lonely)

other stuff of little interest to anyone but me - Very proud of SWWNO as she ran her mini-marathon, and though she was nearer the end than the start, she didn't find it easy (she looked in real pain at the end).... And it's more than I managed (I backed out of it this year as  SBEX is in Australia for the next week + and there would be no one to look after PEPSI and the wind wasn't favourable =, and the cat ate my homework, etc etc etc)
< One Door Closes; Dares Another Yet Open? | Telling Stories: The tl;dr version >
game pimpage | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Tiebreak by Herring (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon May 23, 2011 at 09:51:22 AM EST
Box.

Obviously.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Nice guitar. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon May 23, 2011 at 10:02:38 PM EST
Is this how it starts?

Nokia N900 - what kind of phone is that? Ever since you posted about your game, I've wondered. I'm guessing it's nothing like the iPhone or Android phones.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

The N900 by TPD (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue May 24, 2011 at 04:49:10 AM EST
is a Nokia smart phone running Maemo (a version of Linux)..... it is a great pocket computer, but a pretty terrible phone, and with Nokia now swtiched onto WP7 probably destined for obscurity.... but it's perfect for me (beyond a terrible battery life), as I can while away long boring commutes knocking up little applications on it  (it's got a small but fully usable built in slide qwerty keyboard)... It's a shame Nokia seemed to lose interest in the platform as there are still things it does better than the current gen of iphones/androids.

I might port inner-spin to the android.... I believe it has python and pygame which would make it pretty simple, though a complete re-write would hardly be a stretch either.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
(Comment Deleted) by TPD (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue May 24, 2011 at 04:49:10 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by TPD

Waitrose bag? by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue May 24, 2011 at 06:14:13 PM EST
You've just earnt the endless enmity of the worthy socialists...

plastic too!!! by TPD (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed May 25, 2011 at 04:42:29 AM EST
This makes me a bad bad man..... though inside there are fairtrade bananas

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Funny you should say that by Oberon (4.00 / 2) #7 Wed May 25, 2011 at 06:41:19 PM EST
Waitrose is part of John Lewis Group, which is a fine example of a successful worker's collective.

How now, mad spirit?
But Waitrose's prices by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri May 27, 2011 at 05:47:04 PM EST
Are above the proletariat; they pitch themselves as such too.

I really like JLG; one of the few examples left of business doinitrite.  They are, however, beggardly expensive though.

True by Oberon (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat May 28, 2011 at 02:53:48 PM EST
I've been there, done that, paid £4 for a single avocado ....

How now, mad spirit?