Print Story Q and A with B a B
By Bob Abooey (Sat May 14, 2011 at 09:07:19 PM EST) (all tags)
Click below for stuff you really don't need to know!

Q) - Hey Bob - hows it going?
A) - Great. My life has never been better. Seriously. Well, except I'm sick right now, with a nasty Spring cold, but otherwise things are just swell!

Q) Sick eh, too bad. What did you do today?
A) Too much really. This weekend was going to be the weekend to whip the landscaping into shape! All weekend all work in the yard! Sooo - I went and got sick yesterday, coming down with a nasty cold. Then the weatherman decides to make it rain pretty much all weekend, messing with our plans fo schnizzle. So when we had a few hours this morning with no rain we went out and hit it hard! I cleaned up around the trees in the front and put some mulch around them.

Then I mowed the front and was about half way through the back when it started to rain again. Meh - it was already really long and I had to finish it so I mowed in the rain. Stupid, yes, of course. Meanwhile NG was "on fiya" and edged and planted the flower beds in the front of the house, down at the end of the driveway, by the flag pole, and the one along the back of the house. So we got a lot done but still have a lot to do.

Q) You have a flag pole?
A) Yes - it came with the house. We had a peace sign flag up there for a while and all the neighbours thought we were hippy freaks working for non-profits and whatnot. Heh...

Q)You're sick and you mowed in the rain?
A) Yes. I quite regret it now.

Q) How's the job?
A) It's going along quite well. Q1 was a monster for us and Q2 is shaping up pretty well. We keep hiring new people all the time and now I'm starting to feel like a veteran there as I walk around the look at people sitting in cubes who I've never met before. Crazy times.

Q) What are you going to do this Summer?
A) Ah Summer. I'm planting my garden again so I'll be tending to that all summer, doing God's work and all that. Plus NG and I are going to take a proper vacation and spend a week at the ocean! Should be a blast - it's been years since I've taken a real vacation and I'm quite looking forward to it!

Q) What's this I hear that you may be getting a dog?
A) A dog? Who told you that? Ah - well maybe in the Fall.

Q) Read any good books lately?
A) I read The Stand again - for the third time actually. I really enjoy it even if it is a bit long. I read Pillars of the Earth too - which was quite good if not a bit long as well. I find I read more since I got my kindle because it's easy to take to work which lets me read during lunch. Much better than frittering time away on the Internets as it were.

Q) Thanks Bob!
A) Sure!

< Careful what you ask for | If I had a hammer >
Q and A with B a B | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
The Stand by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat May 14, 2011 at 11:20:26 PM EST
A man after my own heart.
What is it with plans and weather?  I wanted to get out on the bike today and it rained.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
It's his best work by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun May 15, 2011 at 10:34:48 PM EST
Lot's of little fun things to think about beyond the basic good vs evil plot. Plus I'm fascinated by the whole post apocalyptic world stuff.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

While I do love the Stand. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #20 Mon May 16, 2011 at 08:17:10 PM EST
He really shines with his short stories.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Q) What did you have for lunch? by ni (4.00 / 2) #2 Sun May 15, 2011 at 10:59:58 AM EST

Pizza by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #9 Sun May 15, 2011 at 10:31:36 PM EST
Leftover homemade pizza. Mmmmm pizza.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Mowing by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun May 15, 2011 at 12:48:56 PM EST
Crazy stuff.  I got two thirds through before I had to give up.  It's been over six months since I mowed and I'm not used to it.  Did buy a new mower this year, so that worked out swell.  It's raining now and I'm sitting in my living room typing this comment with my dog at my feet.  By the way, yes, I'm wearing slippers.  No intention of mowing in the rain even though the remainder is quite high.  It can wait for a dry day.

---------------
I've already mowed twice this year by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun May 15, 2011 at 10:29:30 PM EST
The rain sure makes that stuff grow.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Need sunlight too by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon May 16, 2011 at 06:30:30 AM EST
We haven't had a lot of sun up here so far this year.  We've got the rain, but not too much sun.  So the weeds haven't grown like normal.  Also we have a late start growing season.  If I waited until June it would be two feet high.

---------------
How far up North is that? by Alan Crowe (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon May 16, 2011 at 06:37:43 PM EST
My latitude is 55 degrees 57 minutes (Edinburgh, Scotland) and the sun is making the grass grow, despite the 5 story building I live in being on the south side of the grass and blocking the sun light.

Too Overcast by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #19 Mon May 16, 2011 at 07:04:28 PM EST
Massachusetts is further south than you, but the grass would normally be higher than it is now.  We've had a cool spring hereabouts.

---------------
Q) What beach ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun May 15, 2011 at 02:12:59 PM EST
in what country/on what continent ?

It's the Atlantic ocean I think by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun May 15, 2011 at 10:30:46 PM EST
Or the pacific - who the hell knows. We're not leaving the Us of A though - that much I do know.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

If you go to Ocean CIty MD by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon May 16, 2011 at 10:39:16 AM EST
Drop me a line, we can do lunch, maybe.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Going the other direction by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon May 16, 2011 at 06:54:25 PM EST
But work sends me on trips every now and again - if I ever head out to your neck of the woods I'll be sure to let you know.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

If by garlic (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon May 23, 2011 at 12:27:31 PM EST
the beach is the important part, and not the ocean, I'd like to recommend the dunes of Lake Michigan. They're lovely in Indiana (Indiana State Dunes) or Michigan (Sleeping Bear Dunes). Lake Michigan is nice too, but cold.

It's cute how you're so domesticated. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun May 15, 2011 at 03:38:20 PM EST

he needs some kids.. by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun May 15, 2011 at 08:42:14 PM EST
just to mix it up

Thanks ti by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun May 15, 2011 at 10:32:15 PM EST
It sure agrees with me.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

I'd very much like to mow my lawn by Phil the Canuck (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon May 16, 2011 at 08:25:37 AM EST
I did get to mow the front last week, but it needs it again and it's been too rainy.  I use a rechargeable mower, so mowing in the rain is right out.  My back yard was a swamp until about Thursday, and so could not be mowed.  I didn't have time to mow it then, and now it's a swamp again.  It looks terrible.  All my neighbors are a thousand years old and hire lawn services, so theirs are fine.

That's why I kept going by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon May 16, 2011 at 06:52:38 PM EST
It was only a week since I last mowed and it was getting pretty tall. If I didn't finish it I would still be waiting as it's been raining pretty much nonstop since. They're calling for rain every day until Friday too. What a mess - can't even get out and plant anything in the garden.

One thing to note though - my lawn does look all green and full and pretty spiffy! If we have a cool rainy Summer that would really thicken it up methinks.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

a nasty Spring cold by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon May 16, 2011 at 10:40:16 AM EST
Friend of mine got one of those. When she was 13,000 feet up in the Himalayas on a NatGeo expedition to Nepal.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

What is up with Cleveland? by duxup (2.00 / 0) #22 Wed May 25, 2011 at 11:23:40 AM EST
They're kicking ass but nobody is going to the games?
____