Print Story Okay. Not sure what to do here.
By ObviousTroll (Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 12:00:41 AM EST) (all tags)
1. Wife and daughter have gone camping with the girl scouts. Note that SWHTL is still very much recovering from surgery.
2. Son is taking his GF to her senior prom.
3. Three different individuals have tried to start internet fights with me tonight.

I'm at a complete loss. Can't get too trashed, Troll Jr will be bringing the girl back here. Don't want them to find me on the living room floor.  The alternative, however, is to sit and fidget, worrying about both TJ and SWHTL.

(Arguing with random idiots just doesn't hold the attraction that it used to.)

Side note: Numb3rs is the ultimate geek tv show. Watching people figure out that a little girl was kidnapped because her father was trying to solve the Reimann Hypothesis is sweet - I'd like to live in a world where random thugs cared that much about math.</meta>
< Optically thick | I should stop farting around and get to work >
Okay. Not sure what to do here. | 29 comments (29 topical, 0 hidden)
Four people by duxup (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 01:09:40 AM EST
Your views are bad and you should feel bad!
____
Yeah, problem was... by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #19 Mon May 02, 2011 at 08:00:29 AM EST
They are all deacons in my church, who seem damned determined to make me lose my temper over some financial issues that I have ultimate responsibility for.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
"Internet Fights" by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 03:26:48 AM EST
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL*wheeze*LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You fucking idiot by Herring (4.00 / 3) #8 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 12:53:27 PM EST
You can't even LOL for a whole line without wheezing. What sort of lame-ass are you?

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

The fat kind LOLOLOL*WHEEZE*LOL by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #10 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 03:07:25 PM EST

Go watch a movie by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 04:18:32 AM EST
If you time it right you'll come out just before prom ends

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
You seem to know by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #13 Sun May 01, 2011 at 12:25:12 AM EST
a bit too much about American adolescent dating practices, English.

Of course by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #14 Sun May 01, 2011 at 07:11:43 AM EST
if he times it wrong, they'll both be on the living room floor.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
We've had that talk. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon May 02, 2011 at 07:58:09 AM EST
Basic rule is. "I know what's going on. You know I know what's going on. But I don't have to SEE what's going on. K? THX."

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Rewire your house by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 08:41:08 AM EST
replace the cat5 with cat6.

Time Alone by jimgon (4.00 / 2) #5 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 10:05:51 AM EST
I run into that problem all the time.  Time alone isn't really time alone.  It's time constrained and ends in responsibility.  So what I can do is too constrained.  I'm married with children.  My friends are married with children.  Everything requires massive planning to do.  A few free hours is wasted time.  I end up doing laundry or something along those lines.

---------------
Exactly by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #6 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 12:40:15 PM EST
LO is going to a sleepover / birthday party tonight. Before the party I need to run out and get a gift, make sure LO is packed up, etc. etc.

This evening I will be "free", but worrying a little about how LO is faring. I could go try to figure out if I can hang out in the city but then that has it's own logistics since I will need to be back to pick up LO in the morning.

So, yeah.

I don't much like this adult stuff by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 04:32:22 PM EST
On the high point in nine years my youngest will be in college and I can have a life again.  Of course I'll be forty-eight at that point, but that's not too old to still have a life.

---------------
I ended up spending by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #18 Mon May 02, 2011 at 07:59:30 AM EST
the first half the of the evening search for a P&S camera that Troll Jr had wanted to take to the prom but couldn't find. After I eventually found it (in the basement, packed away with the old 8mm camcorder, god only knows why) I spent the rest of the evening re-living the original Portal.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
excellent choice by garlic (2.00 / 0) #25 Wed May 04, 2011 at 11:24:37 AM EST

HAHAHAHA by Herring (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 12:52:33 PM EST
Mrs. H. has taken the kids away. I have done some cycling, some DIY, some gardening, but will find no problem in spending the evening drinking a few glasses of Australian red and watching as many Buffy episodes as I can.

Might even browse some pr0n.

But then that's me.

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

I hate you. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon May 02, 2011 at 07:57:00 AM EST
You have a son who's old enough by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 03:05:59 PM EST
to be going to a senior prom. And you're my age... Ouch.

You should start clowning again.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

It's worse than that. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon May 02, 2011 at 07:56:27 AM EST
Next user name: by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #20 Mon May 02, 2011 at 09:01:37 AM EST
GrandpaTroll

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

It does have a certain ring to it. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon May 02, 2011 at 10:19:06 AM EST
I'm thinking of one of those Colour of Magic books where the trolls are all panicking because the bandits built their campfire in grandpa's mouth....

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Aren't you older than me? by lm (4.00 / 1) #22 Mon May 02, 2011 at 02:30:18 PM EST
My eldest is heading off to college in the fall.

Cicero, The Republic
But. But. But. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #23 Mon May 02, 2011 at 03:10:53 PM EST
That would mean that I'm getting old! And I'm not! Despite the grey hair and joints that make noise! I'm only, ummm, 46 next week.

That's not old!

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

No, it's not old by lm (4.00 / 1) #24 Mon May 02, 2011 at 04:19:50 PM EST
As I'm fond of pointing out in such discussions, the ancient Greeks used to consider from 40 - 60 to be the apogee of a man's life. ( forget the women.)

So you've got almost a decade and a half before things start to go downhill.

Cicero, The Republic
Oh, sweet senility. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #28 Wed May 04, 2011 at 07:31:07 PM EST
If it makes you feel any better, you are several months younger than me.

(The first time I posted this I said "older".  See how close you are to tottering decrepitude?)

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
I could give a fuck by lm (2.00 / 0) #29 Wed May 04, 2011 at 08:39:51 PM EST
According to the Greek thinking that I proposed, I'll emerging into the apogee of my life this summer.

But there is also another important metric, You're ony as old as ypo feel.

While I think I reached maturity at an early age, I keep seeking out new things. When I stop, then I'll know that I've gotten old.

That said, I no longer think roller coasters are worth the wait in line. So, obviously, I've aged some.

This toast brought to you by eight ounces of gin, propery divided into the appropriate number of martinis.

Cicero, The Republic
ROTFL by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #30 Thu May 05, 2011 at 07:08:40 AM EST
Not only did I mangle my original comment, I posted the replacement to the wrong person!

Dang.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
(Comment Deleted) by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #27 Wed May 04, 2011 at 07:29:48 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by ObviousTroll

the sport is gone. by garlic (4.00 / 0) #26 Wed May 04, 2011 at 11:26:48 AM EST
i don't do sudoku puzzles, because after I fill in the first 10 bubbles or so, I figure if I dedicated the time to it, I'd get it done in a bit, so lets just skip the that part and assume I've already won.

Okay. Not sure what to do here. | 29 comments (29 topical, 0 hidden)