Print Story The taste of strawberries, rubber and burning.
By Merekat (Mon Apr 18, 2011 at 10:05:50 AM EST) (all tags)
I now have two front teeth that are the same natural white colour.

Somehow I had developed a small cavity behind two of my old fillings. One of these is in the front upper tooth so was discoloured. After spending 20 mins waiting (they were late) and 40 mins with my mouth cranked open while covered by a lump of balloon rubber held in place by scaffolding and tape, 2/3 of the work has been done. Dental putty has a faint strawberry taste. Luckily I don't like strawberries so nothing has been psychologically ruined for me. While I don't actually have a dental phobia, I really hate people touching my teeth. The very second I was out the door afterwards my body was beset by delayed shakes from fight-or-flight adrenaline which was kept firmly flattened by sheer willpower when in the seat. One more followup tomorrow.

Annual reporting time. How to filter all the things that I raised but were ignored and then caused a problem into language that makes it clear this was not the fault of me or my team but that does not make it turn into dirty laundry flaunting. This is not helped by most of Europe seeming to take early and extended easter holidays.

I need new converse. The current pair are lacking in cohesion in several places. Haven't managed it yet as the simple choice (shop) charges 90CHF and only has dull fashionable colours and I haven't worked out where I should buy them online instead. Next in the UK in June but I don't think I'll have time to make it to a Schuh.

I need to eat soft food this evening. Do not feel entirely in control of my face.

< Ask HuSi: Yerpian cell phones | Hey, Earthman >
The taste of strawberries, rubber and burning. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
new converse by gzt (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Apr 18, 2011 at 10:28:21 AM EST
I'm going to need to do that, too. These are falling apart. But isn't this what the internets are for? You know your size, so you don't need to try them on, really.

I'm wishing I'd done that by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Apr 18, 2011 at 10:55:37 AM EST
with my current office shoes, just buying the same model I bought last time: £50 and they lasted 3 years. With that experiece, I'm about to order online for my canvas shoes, but I'm getting some hippyster adbusters ones.

Office Shoes by Herring (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Apr 18, 2011 at 11:43:39 AM EST
Next time I find some that fit, I am buying two pairs.

I don't have particularly big feet (UK 12) but for some reason most shops only have about 3 shoes (not pairs - 3 shoes) in that size in an acceptable office look, and none of those fit my slightly oddly shaped feet.

OK, if I were willing to pay a lot more, I could get some nice ones, but I am not buying £300 shoes to drive to my job in an office in Croydon.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

ti-ammo bait: by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Apr 18, 2011 at 11:59:56 AM EST
Sounds like some of the stuff you can find on 4chan. Or so I hear.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

LOLBRB by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #6 Mon Apr 18, 2011 at 08:16:36 PM EST

People touching your teeth by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Apr 18, 2011 at 04:54:39 PM EST
I don't mind that.  I do mind brawny dentists putting their whole hand in my jaws, whilst holding really sharp bits of metal and high speed diamond tipped drills.

Got a replacement filling booked for tomorrow.

Good luck with your second appointment.  Is it worse mentally for you now you know what awaits, or easier to do now that it's a known process?

egal by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Apr 19, 2011 at 04:39:33 AM EST
Experience doesn't make it worse or better - it simply is something that has to be endured. Today is mildly better simply because it is a shorter process (only one), in a different position less likely to result in water accidentally being sprayed up my nose and the last one for a few years, notwithstanding emergencies.

Hope it all went OK by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Apr 19, 2011 at 05:10:03 PM EST
For you.