Print Story Coming to America
By illsorted (Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 09:48:23 AM EST) (all tags)
 After a little over a year in Thailand, the wife and I are coming back "home" for a visit.

(Also, vital query within)

We're making giant loop between CO, NE, SD, ND, and MN to visit friends and family.

My plans for the trip include drinking as many delicious and varied beers as possible, and avoiding frostbite.

The M-I-L is already making life difficult through various ninja-level techniques of applied passive aggressiveness. I suspect she is pissed that we're spending Easter with my family instead of hers...guess she'll need to suck it up.

Vital Query - Is there still a #husi IRC channel somewhere?
< Well then. | It's about time we got a car again. >
Coming to America | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Is there still a #husi IRC channel somewhere? by ana (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 09:51:26 AM EST
Yup. It's at slashnet.org. See you  there.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

how did you end up in Thailand? by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 03:44:20 AM EST

sex tourist -nt by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 03:50:57 AM EST

Nice one, Mr. Lowhangingfruit. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 03:53:43 AM EST
Jesus. You're just phoning it in now, I swear.

force of will by illsorted (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 01:01:02 AM EST
My wife and I both wanted to travel long term, so we came over in January of last year. Took a 1 month TEFL certification and found teaching jobs in southern Thailand.

We'll be here for one more year at least, but I don't really enjoy the teaching, so I'll be working from home as a coder-for-hire.

nice by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 04:01:57 AM EST
I did something similar:

Now I have an office job again and well...ugh.

where are you now? -nt by illsorted (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 08:03:12 AM EST

actually, in Malaysia by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 09:04:19 AM EST
just this week for work. I live in San Francisco.

Coming to America | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback