Print Story lovely day
By MillMan (Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 01:51:46 AM EST) (all tags)
with a bit of a buzz.

80F and sunny. Nice. February and March were very wet.

Civ 5
The game is definitely more balanced after the new patch. Military AI has gone from full retard to half derp. They still won't commit to siegeing cities and don't know how to balance melee/range/siege units.

Massage school
Starts tomorrow / Thursday. Very excited. Buzzed in anticipation.

Car
So, lulz, I got my car out of storage and had a mechanic look at it. New battery and alternator and apparently runs fine, although we'll see after a few hundred miles. Apparently most of the bolts are rusted so the life expectancy on this thing might be pretty limited regardless. I am stopping by the DMV tomorrow morning then picking it up in the afternoon. Hopefully I can get it across the bay bridge without plunging to my watery doom.

Work
Starting to do work on the chip for the fruitphone. Pretty interesting, actually. There has been a lot of internal restructuring and drama, although nothing worth talking about, and nothing on par with what I read about here.

Oh and yeah I was in Penang Malaysia for work which I never wrote about. It was cool to visit and had bonus sexy time with cute Malaysian friend in Kuala Lumpur. She is fun to talk to - she has similar problems and a similar approach to life as myself, but bits get lost in translation and across culture, which makes it more interesting. I also told her French roommates over Tiger beers that Germany is my favorite European country for cheap trolling lulz. Too easy. Easier than poking Canadians.

Poll
Not sure who to list in Europe. I suppose there is a whole network of relational inferiority complexes...

< Holiday diary part 2 | A car for mature people who don't troll newbies >
lovely day | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
-1 by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 03:16:15 AM EST
DMV closed tomorrow in observance of Caesar Chavez day.

I'm sure there's some kind... by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 07:03:02 AM EST
 of double-entendre pun to be made out of the Penang situation... but I'm too tired to think of it.

Too tired kind of sums up my life right now.

you have been by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 01:26:19 PM EST
more or less incognito for the past several years...

WIPO by brokkr (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 07:59:36 AM EST
Denmark. Never got over 1864.
Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn, at aldrei deyr: dómr um dau∂an hvern.

WIPO: Don't forget Poland! by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 08:56:01 AM EST

yeah by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 01:21:28 PM EST
I managed to forget the Poland.

Go Canada! by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 09:15:27 AM EST
We can win this poll!

Vive le Montréal libre.
I voted with you by me0w (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 10:16:06 AM EST
Even though I'm disappointed with your hockey pool results.

did you praise... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 02:15:03 PM EST
...German wine, cheese, and women, too?

I didn't get specific by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 04:13:55 PM EST
The first two would be a lie. I can only troll truthfully.

A good dry Reisling is nice though by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 04:17:35 PM EST

German dessert wines are better, I think by gzt (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Apr 01, 2011 at 09:42:17 AM EST
But, yeah, it would be bending the truth to try to claim those two. The Germans have some great cheeses, but France is always my go-to for both wine and cheese. There's certainly something about French women, but there's something more about German women...

Yes, a good Spaetlese is fine indeed. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #15 Sat Apr 02, 2011 at 11:12:45 PM EST

There's good German wine. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Apr 02, 2011 at 06:19:04 PM EST
White. And I've never seen it outside the country. At least they have a ban on chaptalisation, unlike their more famous wine-growing neighbour. Oh, wait, Wikipedia tells me otherwise.

Also, frische wein is nice.

it was a great change from chicago weather. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Apr 01, 2011 at 11:30:06 PM EST
We rode bikes across the golden gate bridge and wandered around til our feet were tired.

I voted by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Apr 13, 2011 at 01:08:12 AM EST
And really excited for you re: Massage School. Good luck.

lovely day | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback