Print Story Finally
By StackyMcRacky (Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 09:57:59 PM EST) (all tags)
time to write a diary!

I've wanted to write something for the last 2+ weeks, namely when I was in the hospital and bored and had a lot of stuff on my mind.  Sadly, I think most of the interesting stuff has faded away.

So yeah, baby girl.  And so TEENY TINY, at least compared to her brother and cousins.  I keep having to remind myself (and others) that she's a normal baby, not a preemie.  We're all just used to oaf babies.

This c-section was absoultely, completely and totally unlike my previous one.  If that's the kind of c-sections most people have, I can see why they don't think it's a big deal.  Vaginal birth is still better (in my one-sided opinion), but this wasn't horrible.  In fact, I haven't had a single c-section nightmare since it happened (which I've had off and on since my first one) and I believe some of the nasty emotional wounds have been healed a bit.

While on the operating table, I decided to go ahead and have them slice up my tubes.  I'm still paranoid, and will confirm with my doc at my next follow-up appointment that they were in fact CUT and not just clamped.  No more pregnancies, thanks.

I have a lot to say about being in the hospital, but I'm going to need more than the 10 minutes I have available to get it typed up.  Maybe another day.

Toadette went to her 2 week doc appointment yesterday, she's now 8 lbs 9 oz.  Doc says it's tremendous growth, but I still feel like it's TEENY TINY.

BTW, clock is totally p0wned, just like we all said he would be.  heh heh heh

Yesterday I took the kids and dog on a walk. This was the first exercise I've done in 10 weeks.  I managed to do the full 1.15 miles and it only took me 30 minutes.  Not too shabby!  However, my legs have ached ever since.  It's amazing how quickly you lose muscle.  The current Plan is to walk the mile 3 times a week until it isn't painful any longer.  Then I'll do it 5 times a week, then move to the 2 mile walk.  I hope to be interval jogging again by September.

Toadette eats every 3 hours.  At night she'll usually go every 4 hours.  When she's being evil, she'll only snack instead of eating, then will go 2 hours.  I hate the snacking.

clock goes back to work tomorrow.  I'm feeling very nervous about it in the same way you feel the night before a new job that will stretch your skills.  MIL is here for 2 weeks, so I do have help, but still....  My sister tells me it takes about 6 weeks to get in a groove.  As usual, nothing to do but plow forward.

My butt and hips are still large and none of my pants fit.  My "transitional pants" from The Dude's pregnancy don't even fit.  This sucks.  I'm having a similar problem with shirts, due to the boob issue.  Well, boob size + no such thing as a supportive nursing bra + stomach is still big, as well as hips.  I guess I'll keep wearing the maternity stuff for a bit longer.  I'm hoping a few weeks of regular exercise will really get things moving.

NEW PERSONAL BOOB RECORD: L cup.  Yes, that's L as in Lizard.  They're down to a J cup now, so that's a plus I suppose.  I'll be at my final nursing size (assuming things go like they did with The Dude) at 3 months, and I'm hoping it's a G cup (or smaller, but I don't dare dream).

Now that I no longer have food aversions, I'm back on the whole food, plant based diet with very little oil.  I got into bad eating habits while pregnant so I have to break the fat and sugar addictions again.  Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, giant salad + piece of bread for lunch, vegan dinner 5-6 nights a week.  Once I get back in the habit, this way of eating makes me feel incredible - LOTS of energy (which I'll need!), rarely hungry (I try to stick with high nutrient, lower calorie foods for breakfast and lunch).

One day I'm going to finally trust my own instincts and quit listening to other people.  I knew something was going on the night before I went to the hospital (I was in early labor!), but I blew it off because of things other people said.  Yeah, I'm right more often than I give myself credit for, and I need to just go with it.  meh.

In case you were wondering, Tylenol DOESN'T DO A FUCKING THING for pain.  Even Tylenol #3 pales in comparison to ibuprofin!  I miss ibuprofin!!!!

Speaking of drugs, I have 7 more days of twice daily heparin injections left, then I'm back to Lovenox for another 3 weeks.  Then blood thinners no more!  Assuming I never get a clot, that is - I still have a clotting condition.

The never-ending to-do list sucks.  Moreso when items on the list are a total hassle.

That's enough for now I suppose.  Maybe I'll get around to writing up my hospital stay diary sometime soon.  Good times!

< Bearevement, Bath, critters, caves with horses. | Holiday diary part 2 >
Finally | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Diary was brought to you by the letters J & L by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 10:15:43 PM EST
What happened to K?

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
On which note, by ni (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 10:28:45 PM EST
that appears to be encroaching on the record in your fine country.

Up to a point. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 08:49:23 AM EST
It is just about possible that in the absence of a national register of boobs, the newspaper just made that fact up. I mean, it's not certain, but it just could be so.

(Comment Deleted) by mellow teletubby (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 05:43:29 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by mellow teletubby

K is boring by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 12:20:52 PM EST
so I skipped it.  Along with I.

I was just thinking of your boobs today by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 11:14:21 PM EST
(wait, that didn't come out right) when i was thrilled because I can finally fit into my pre-pregnancy bras, and i'm "only" an F cup now. I was an H by the end of pregnancy, hit a J (at least, maybe a K) when my milk came in, and spent most of my nursing days as a G. I was amazed at how "not bad" my nursing bras were- I went with the Medela seamless underwire nursing bras, and they fit well, were comfortable, and weren't ungodly expensive. If you haven't checked them out yet, you should. They were the most supportive ones I found, as well as the most comfortable.
---------
I just forewarned LO by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 11:31:59 PM EST
as she's a D or DD depending on the bra now.

for awhile by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 11:48:58 PM EST
i was worried that I'd get pregnant again before getting back down to the F. I really didn't want to need more new bras just to accommodate that. I have to special order them the way it is, since we don't have much in the way of large bra stores in this area...
---------
I took LO to one of those by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 12:05:02 AM EST
special stores and she cried. Not because of the fitting, but because the bras were so big and the straps were so wide.

"Mom why do I have to wear such ugly bras?"

She refused to get a "regular" bra there but she did get a really good sports bra that she wears nearly constantly now.

she'll have to learn to deal by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 12:07:14 AM EST
unless she wants to constantly try to cram herself into too-small bras. I had a hard time, though, and I was in my 20s before I needed to go that route. It sucks being top-heavy. Bras are expensive, and shirts never fit right.
---------
Felina by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 12:24:31 PM EST
makes pretty bras in larger sizes.  Other than that, she has to go for function.  You get used to it eventually.

Tell her it's better to wear the ugly supportive bras than it is to look droopy before her time!

I love the Medela bras by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 12:22:57 PM EST
they do give the best support (which still isn't great), especially for the money.

I will be hitting the boob shoppe later this week to make a purchase or two.

i wish we had a store... by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #21 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 11:16:19 PM EST
there's a maternity store nearby that has some larger stuff but mostly in other brands, and pretty much nothing in underwire. I had to order all of mine.
---------
it's strange luck by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 01:14:27 PM EST
one of the breasfeeding internet shops happens to be located not far from me.  they are open for retail sales.  it's a totally hidden store, i had to call to find where they were when i was right in front of the place!

Semantic priming: by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #27 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 04:33:34 PM EST
I read that as
one of the breasfeeding internet shops happens to be lactated not far from me.
and couldn't make head or tail of it.

Something like... by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #30 Fri Apr 01, 2011 at 12:47:59 PM EST
This. (Scroll down to the reviews.)

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

you get all the good stuff by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #28 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 08:15:01 PM EST
so what you're saying is, we need to visit Texas sometime, and go bra shopping while there?
---------
welcome back to Husistan by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 11:34:04 PM EST
That's all. Oh, and I'm really glad this was a better experience for you!

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Hi, Stacky! by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 11:46:50 PM EST
Good to hear that you and the baby are doing well, and don't worry about that husband of yours -- he'll be right as rain after a few days back at the grind.

Well, gotta run, but keep us posted as things progress!

ATTN: EDITORS by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #16 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 12:25:11 PM EST
somebody has haxored ammo's account!!!

I think he was just overwhelmed by his thoughts by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 01:58:08 PM EST

plspstbabypxkthxbye by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 08:43:18 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

How does the Dude like being the big brother? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 10:20:12 AM EST

loves it! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 12:26:35 PM EST
he absolutely adores his baby sister, and tries to help out as much as possible.  "Mommy, maybe you need to put her on the boob again."

He also is insistent that she be included in all his regular activities, like taking him to and from school, walking the dog, morning snuggles, etc.

Awesomeness. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 05:53:59 PM EST
Glad you're feeling chipper.  Also plspstpixkthx!

<ahem> by Phage (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 04:04:33 AM EST
Not my place I know, but an old aquaintance said that she benefited hugely from breast reduction surgery. Especially her back.

SILENCE INFIDEL!!! by clock (4.00 / 1) #23 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 11:06:50 AM EST
um...or something...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

They're not your tits, man. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 02:06:34 PM EST
Not your back, either.

I, too, know someone who benefited from that surgery.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

My cousin, too by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #26 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 03:38:07 PM EST
She was something like a DD at age 15, and she got them reduced.

She's still a mess, but for other reasons.

i have considered it by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #29 Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 08:16:47 PM EST
however, it's not really something i want to do until after i'm done childbearing.
---------
Sounds good! by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #31 Sat Apr 02, 2011 at 08:25:13 AM EST
I'm glad the c-section experience was less terrible then your first, happy surprises are nice. I can't believe you still have to inject yourself for that many more weeks. Gah! But, of course, it is better then having a blood clot or trouble of any sort like that so, you know, I guess that's the way it goes. At least now you can see the end of that pointy tunnel as well, nearly at the end.

I'm so happy that things are going well, you'll do great with the kidlets, even without clock around as much, you're a great mommy just have to learn some juggling skills and split attention and you'll be good to go.

*twinkle*twinkle*

Good to hear! by duxup (2.00 / 0) #32 Mon Apr 04, 2011 at 12:14:00 PM EST
We got lucky with our c-section.  I went pretty well.  I did look over the curtain.  I have never and plan to never tell the wife what I saw.

Photos when possible.