Print Story what makes you smile?
By Rantingredhead (Mon Mar 28, 2011 at 11:03:51 PM EST) (all tags)
 please be honest and not snarky.

on FB i "like" a page called tinybudda.  the person running the site asked for readers to send in a video of things that make you smile.  and i started thinking about it:  what would i video?

it took me a few minutes to come up with one.

that made me sad.

but the one i came up with?  videoing me with IM.  IM is the 6 year old little curly haired adorable-for-her-own-good girl who lives in the house i currently reside in.  saturday we were subjected to 2.5 hours of watching her holder sisters in a local dance competition (another diary for another time - trust me, it was entertaining).  so to pass the time she would dance, sing a little, and poke at me.  at times i was bored, so at one point I took IM and put her over my lap, tummy down across my thighs.  and i drummed on her back.  the songs were fun:  We're Not Gonna Take It, At the Hop and a few others that had good drumbeats.  she laughed and laughed and i drummed her body like crazy.

it was the happiest i've felt in months.

the laughter of a child makes me smile.

how about you?
< My fingertips and toes are frozen to the bone. | Bearevement, Bath, critters, caves with horses. >
what makes you smile? | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Naked, willing women in my bed. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 5) #1 Mon Mar 28, 2011 at 11:15:01 PM EST
You asked for honesty.

Notice that's plural too (nt) by kwsNI (4.00 / 4) #3 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 07:44:36 AM EST

ReboundRabbit by hulver (4.00 / 6) #2 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 04:19:55 AM EST
She makes me smile a lot.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
This. by ana (4.00 / 2) #5 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 08:28:27 AM EST
This, right here, made me smile.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

(Comment Deleted) by mellow teletubby (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 05:51:15 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by mellow teletubby

Too many to name by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 07:55:52 AM EST

My favorite things in the world, by mrgoat (4.00 / 9) #6 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 09:35:52 AM EST
Are dopamine and seratonin.

--top hat--
This may be why we're all you. by technician (4.00 / 2) #7 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 12:39:34 PM EST
Or you're all us.

We're all the same at certain levels of chemical processing.

dogs, boobies, awkward social interaction by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 02:12:42 PM EST

Things by Herring (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 06:18:04 PM EST

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Yay Milton Jones. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 08:11:57 PM EST
I share quite a lot of that list. Never met Mrs H., though.

Right now by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 06:39:23 PM EST
I can hear my daughter talking in her sleep.

Not only is she making extremely cute noises but she never throws sleep-tantrums, so I can listen fearlessly. And it's beautiful.

are you asking what makes me smile by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 09:54:15 PM EST
or what brings me joy? they seem like they're the same, but they really aren't.

a smile on the face of a cute dude will always make me smile.
the feeling of exhaustion after a good workout.
being in a tight crowd, listening to music
cuddling with my husband
the taste of cardamom in my coffee
sea lions barking on the pier
a gentle wind blowing in the trees

it's easy to focus on the things i have to do, on the work to be done. but the more joyous course is to stop and look at the great beauty of the world.

someone who looks glad to see me by lm (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 05:25:56 AM EST
and smike and says 'hi' when theysee me

Cicero, The Republic
This. by Phage (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 05:42:30 AM EST

So you like to be smiked at? by lm (4.00 / 1) #15 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 08:47:42 AM EST
God bless iOS and on screen keyboards. It makes even the sober type like they're drunk.

Cicero, The Republic
Who doesn't ? [nt] by Phage (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 09:15:42 AM EST

Small list by tuscoops (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 03:09:35 PM EST
-Sunrises
-Sunsets
-Sun in my eyes
-rain
-lightning
-thunder
-clouds
-snow
-sleet
-the calm before the storm
-the storm
-rainbows
-birds
-butterflies
-squirrels
-rabbits
-church bells
-music I love
-music I hate
-the ocean
-the forest
-doing things I haven't done in awhile, most recently flying a kite
-doing things I've never done before
-everytime I do or say something stupid
-remembering something I forgot
-forgetting something not worth remembering

For all of the above, and then some, I have been nicknamed "smiley" by more than one person in my life.

what makes you smile? | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback