Print Story Five years ago...
By dmg (Thu Mar 17, 2011 at 09:10:53 PM EST) (all tags)
I was working for a very large bank, with a mortgage and driving a 7 year old BMW.

Now I work for the same bank, in a different role, with a couple of direct reports, mortgage is paid off, and I drive a 7 year old tuned VX220 Turbo.It's "same shit, different day" basically. I'm happier because I've taught myself to manage my own expectations, not just of others but of myself too. I've also learned to accept that I will perhaps never be cured of my need to act in a trollish and sometimes offensive manner online, however much I might want that. I've also read a lot of books on 'non-dualist' and buddhist philosophy in the last five years which have changed my perspective on life in a strange and ongoing way.

I am not the same person I was five years ago, I'm much more resigned to things being the way things are, which means I'm happier because I'm not constantly trying to change the unchangeable. I've also learned that when life puts you in an unconventional situation that you might not be 100% comfortable with, it's often a growth opportunity.
< Five Years Ago | Five years ago... >
Five years ago... | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
(Comment Deleted) by mellow teletubby (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 04:44:05 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by mellow teletubby

What about them? by dmg (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 10:05:40 AM EST
I've never encountered any physical evidence. However, there's plenty of anecdotal evidence... People believe in various deities based on similar amounts of evidence. Less in some cases.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Vauxhall! by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 06:01:43 AM EST
I know it's a VX220 but all the same ;)

It's been described as the 'thinking man's Lotus' by dmg (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 10:04:06 AM EST
You can make the case that the VX220 is more of a Lotus than the Elise (with it's Toyota engine). The VX220 has the Astra turbo engine which was designed by Lotus. I'm not a badge snob :-)
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Is it is hard by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 10:39:30 AM EST
To get into as an Elise especially for a big chap like me?

Elise by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 04:51:09 PM EST
Refutes your size claims.

Its hard for anyone over the age of about 12. by dmg (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 05:50:34 PM EST
You'd probably manage it, but these kind of cars require a certain mindset and commitment, because they are not easy to live with.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
A bank? by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 10:09:04 AM EST
The first rule of trollclub is you never discuss trollclub...

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

So, by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 05:00:22 PM EST
You still scared of coming to LHuSiBeers then, or what?

I may attend in future... by dmg (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 05:51:41 PM EST
What's the worst that could happen?
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Savage by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #11 Sat Mar 19, 2011 at 09:29:39 AM EST
Hangovers, usually.

What about by yankeehack (4.00 / 3) #12 Sun Mar 20, 2011 at 05:58:48 PM EST
a bathtub full of ice and a missing kidney?
That by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #13 Tue Mar 22, 2011 at 06:14:45 PM EST
Was never proven.

Being Thrown into the Thames by 256 (4.00 / 1) #14 Sat Mar 26, 2011 at 09:07:18 PM EST
nt
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
Five years ago... | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback