Print Story St. Patrick's day plans
By Merekat (Thu Mar 17, 2011 at 01:51:40 PM EST) (all tags)
Heat up a bowl of chili (no tomatoes, no mince), hot bath, Icelandic murder mysteries.

I looked at myself in the mirror today. I look dreadful.

I should clarify - I look in the mirror every day to check I haven't left toothpaste all over my mouth, to floss, to make sure my hair is combed and there is no visible patches of moisturiser. But in doing these things I very rarely actually look at myself, just these individual little items. This could be a metaphor for something very profound, if I could get the energy to be inspired.

I could have gone out for St. Patrick's Day beers with people, but there was at least one individual there I actively dislike spending any time near so I think hibernation is the best option.

BTW, the chili recipe is this one with a few substitutions based on the chilis available in the Mexican store and a dark beer used instead of the suggested.

< Maybe it is the sense of control. | Five Years Ago >
St. Patrick's day plans | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Tsk! by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Mar 17, 2011 at 04:00:48 PM EST
No boiled bacon and colcannon?

ick by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 03:58:54 AM EST
Boiling is an act of vandalism upon the salt pig.

Ohnonononono by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Mar 18, 2011 at 04:52:35 PM EST
It just needs some tender care and ministration.  Easy to ruin, just as easy to have perfect, but the latter takes a ~6 hour stint in the kitchen with ~30 min periods of activity.

Still not convinced by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Mar 20, 2011 at 05:08:54 AM EST
I'd prefer to soak it, then glaze with honey and cloves and put it in the oven.

You can do that by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Mar 22, 2011 at 06:15:47 PM EST
After it's boiled.  And make a sticky sugar and rum rub to go on the outside too.

Well... by spiralx (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Mar 24, 2011 at 12:24:44 PM EST
... this St Patrick's Day I didn't get called a cunt for suggesting that the whole thing was a cynical marketing ploy by Diageo, so that's got to be a win :)

Which Icelandic murder mysteries? by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Apr 06, 2011 at 09:57:06 AM EST
People demand to know ....

There are multiple? by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Apr 06, 2011 at 11:12:21 AM EST
The Erlendur ones, by Arnaldur Indridason.

Thanks. by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Apr 07, 2011 at 08:42:36 AM EST
Looks very interesting, now in my forever growing list of books to read...

St. Patrick's day plans | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback