Print Story Five years ago
Cycling
By Bob Abooey (Sat Mar 12, 2011 at 04:42:21 PM EST) (all tags)
This is too easy...

I was working a crap job for a little software company with no future and little to no real responsibility. I was living in an inexpensive little one bedroom apartment driving an older paid-for Honda Accord and focusing on stashing all the cash I could into the bank and the market and whatnot. My social life tended to ebb and flow with no real substantial relationships.

Today I've got a job which I mostly like, making more than twice as much dough, living in my own house with my girlfriend (who is also my best friend!) who I've been with for the past 3 years. We have great friends and live like kings for the most part!

So, even though there's real stress in my life today, and there are a lot more demands on my time, and from time to time I'm so friggin busy that some days I feel a bit overwhelmed, I would say my life is much much better today then it was 5 years ago.

< Five years? | This is a very spooky story. >
Five years ago | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Welcome to Husi by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #1 Sat Mar 12, 2011 at 06:27:31 PM EST
We're a friendly bunch, but maybe you could fill us in on your story. Where do you live, how'd you find us, what's your favorite OS?

Also vi or emacs? by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #2 Sat Mar 12, 2011 at 06:56:46 PM EST
Could you tell us a little about your lunch today please?

Your shoes, too. by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Mar 12, 2011 at 09:51:58 PM EST
Also, don't forget to spring back tomorrow.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Oh crap! by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun Mar 13, 2011 at 11:04:48 AM EST
I've got an interview tomorrow, what if I'm late???

demands of your time by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Mar 12, 2011 at 07:35:05 PM EST
well don't forget this weekend is DST< you get a whole extra hour to waste ..

Also by duxup (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Mar 15, 2011 at 03:36:15 PM EST