Print Story 5 year report
By garlic (Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 09:21:45 AM EST) (all tags)
much the same

same girlfriend, same job, same house with bathroom under construction.

Got through some big fights with gf over where we are headed. It appears I won the getting married fight, but she won the getting a cat fight.

Got another job offer this week. The move is large, and I can't figure out how to tell if it's a fire to a pan move or pan to the fire move. Expressing my frustration to the guy I used as a reference appears to have my current job very concerned about keeping me and trying to keep me happy. So I'll have to say no to the far off job offer, and stop looking at a distance.

I think the biggest difference in the past 5 years is that I started taking advantage of living next to a big city and the music and art scene that goes on there during the week. I still have a hard time getting anyone to go along with me, but I'm doing ok riding solo to music or theatre events.

My kayak's less than 5 years old as well, which has become a big part of my warm weather weekends. So much so that the motorcycle is suffering from some neglect.

The world was pretty connected 5 years ago, but with facebook and smartphones and wireless access points, it's connected more than at home in front of the computer. That certainly makes solo events less lonely.

< Two Things | All the cool kids are doing it. >
5 year report | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I always see all your invites by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 10:11:30 AM EST
to various things.. Not my ball of wax, but still think it's neat.

I try by garlic (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 10:51:18 AM EST
to limit them to Chicago peeps, although I forget, and I'm not sure it actually works right.

Usually it's a status post by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 11:35:32 AM EST
but then I see all sorts of events other folks sign up for..

details by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 11:53:18 AM EST
getting married, not getting married, getting a cat, not getting a cat?

she has the cat by garlic (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Mar 13, 2011 at 09:32:35 PM EST
we are not married.

Is the GF down with the upcoming move? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 08:05:49 PM EST
Honestly, I don't think you really won the marriage one. That's a Pyhrric victory with wimmenz.

she's sad that I'm not taking that job. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Mar 13, 2011 at 09:33:53 PM EST
she's from that area.

I think she still wants to get married, but is satisfied enough with our current situation.

5 year report | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback