Print Story Honey Badger Doesn't Give a Shit.
By dev trash (Tue Feb 22, 2011 at 09:33:15 PM EST) (all tags)
Look at that sleepy fuck.

I have a LuvPop in the shape of a heart.  It is pink.  I want to eat it but it's big enough to not be a one sitting kinda eating deal, but once I take the wrapper off it'll need to eaten all at once.  Hmmmm I could put it in one of my plastic containers.

1 TB of hard drive space is mine.  And hopefully by this weekend it will be functional.

Thinking of staying here if things go well next weekend.  Black Friars seems interesting as all hell.

For shits and giggles, crossing this street would be cool a few dozen times.

I hear that damn owl again.

What else?  Work is okay.  Snow is still here.  Last week I saw the new cute sales gal, and said what I thought was to myself in my head 'Wow she's hot.'  Apparently I need to make sure I am using my inside my head.  I don't think she heard me.  But damn.

Didn't we bomb Qadaffi into impotence a few years back? Also why is it that the oil market and stock market were untouched with Egypt but have spiked with Libya?

One of the reasons I got new frames when I had my eye exam was because the old one's on the right side always came loose.  So now these come loose on both sides.  Grrrrrr.

< Wedding - Camera Stuff - Photos | oh, lovely. >
Honey Badger Doesn't Give a Shit. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Egypt has a strong army and no oil by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Feb 22, 2011 at 10:10:16 PM EST

point one yes. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Feb 22, 2011 at 10:18:33 PM EST
Point two yes.

Point three...Suez Canal.....that should have rocked the markets a bit.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock

Lybia didn't rock the markets at first by lm (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Feb 23, 2011 at 05:51:10 AM EST
Stocks didn't enter free fall until it became clear that Lybia was turning into a civil war. Egypt, thus far, has had a mostly peaceful transistion.

Cicero, The Republic
which means by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Feb 23, 2011 at 08:21:25 PM EST
In 7 months when the Egyptian Army likes the control it has, market go boom again.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Ahem by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Feb 23, 2011 at 11:23:53 AM EST
little oil.

Wumpus

*twitch* by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Feb 23, 2011 at 01:01:16 AM EST
"Randall" sounds like every attitudinal male barista [baristo?] on Capital Hill.

More than a few years ago by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Feb 23, 2011 at 06:00:10 AM EST
IIRC, most sanctions against Lybia were dropped after Gaddafi dropped his WMD program in 2003. He's been working on rebuilding the military capacity through conentional arms purchases ever since.

But his forces are relatively small. They pose a danger to his own peope more than anything else.

The real concern with Lybia is civil war. The scuttlebutt is that there may not be any individual or group capable of holding Lybia's tribal society together in the way that Gaddafi's iron fist has done for the past forty years.

Cicero, The Republic
Uncertainty costs by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Feb 23, 2011 at 06:06:06 AM EST
Even with the height of protest in Egypt, there was an underlying assumption of peaceful resolution/transition to a relatively predictable alternative. With Qadaffi in the picture and his track record of unpredictability (e.g. blocking exports, ejecting foreign firms etc.), that is a big fat risk flag as even if he is deposed you can assume he'll break a lot of things in the going.