Print Story Updates
Death
By fluffy (Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 02:02:49 PM EST) (all tags)
 It's been a couple of months since my last diaries here and some people were concerned about me so I should just let everyone know I'm okay.

Still getting over Chris, of course. He was a huge positive influence in my life and even with the way it ended I still love and miss him.  I still cry sometimes.

For the week leading up to his service I started having major anxiety problems (including full-on anxiety attacks), and ended up missing most of the funeral itself because I was in the hospital. I've also ended up having other recurring health issues since then but they seem to all just be aftereffects of what was essentially a stress disorder.

I'd started doing self-therapy comics a few weeks before that happened and that was helpful, and continued to be helpful, although I'm tapering off on those because they've become a source of stress on their own (of course they'd started out simple but grew to be more and more elaborate over time as these things tend to do).

I still hardly ever post here except in specific circumstances (like needing to talk to friends who aren't connected to other friends who read my blog), but I hardly post to my blog anymore either.  Maybe I just don't feel like talking about myself so much these days.

I'm adopting a cat this weekend.

Anyway, thanks for everything.
< Man of Steel | Argggggggggggggh >
Updates | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Cats are good by iGrrrl (4.00 / 3) #1 Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 02:47:18 PM EST
Glad you gave us an update.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Cats by ucblockhead (4.00 / 3) #3 Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 06:04:57 PM EST
Give unconditional indifference.

(But they are a hell of a lot easier to deal with in apartments.)
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Cats by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 09:42:41 PM EST
Mine have been completely the opposite of indifferent lately, and have been in my lap as I dictate for work. Or if I lean forward to type, the jump behind me, and purr. I'm glad someones happy I'm working.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

The cat... by ana (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 03:50:58 PM EST
has helped keep me sane (well, as sane as i am, for whatever that's worth). Enjoy.

yeah, I've missed having a cat by fluffy (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 06:24:25 PM EST
 This one's an adult Russian Blue whose current caretakers have come to realize isn't doing well with the rest of their herd of animals (several cats and a dog and a newborn baby) and they want him to have a more stable home where he's the only pet. And I have a stable home that needs a pet, and I love Russian Blues.
busy bees buzz | sockpuppet revolution
Sounds like a fortuitous match by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 09:43:33 PM EST
Russian Blues are lovely.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Yay for cats! by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 06:46:27 PM EST
I grew up with cats. Sadly I don't have the time or space for one now.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Glad you are able to take the positives by TPD (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 12:07:39 PM EST
 and move forward... comic is really good, and well drawn, http://beesbuzz.biz/d/20111202.php is great you obviously have a knack for drawing purple sticky stuff

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Thanks, it's good practice by fluffy (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Dec 15, 2011 at 03:41:13 AM EST
It's kind of amazing to look at my older stuff; there's a pretty big difference over the years. And of course nowadays I have a lot of fun playing with different styles.  Of course my journal comics are still pretty basic and crude (especially when I do them in a hurry) and it's not like I'm a master artist or anything but at least I'm getting better over time and generally enjoying myself.

Preparing a book of Unity makes me cringe; early strips have pretty terrible character construction and inconsistent design and really bad linework (and of course the plot was scattershot and unplanned) while over the next two years, I learned a lot. And of course the later series are even better.

I think after I finish the first book I'm going to start drawing Unity stories again, so that the second book is more than 30 pages long.

busy bees buzz | sockpuppet revolution