Print Story Even Housebats Get The Blues
Latin
By Scrymarch (Tue Nov 01, 2011 at 08:41:28 AM EST) WFC, WFC XI, smut, bats (all tags)
WFC XI post mortem.

Those who remember the minutiae of WFCs past may have noticed a prompt triple play triptych was one way of responding. In the end only the middle of mine ended up finished. The third part, a speed networking event with a somewhat obnoxious tech entrepreneur with a mobile app called Codex Malificus or something, never saw text emitted from scribing device. Probably for the best.

This is the first part which was supposed to be in a Mary Gentle style alt- Venice somewhere 1600-1750. It didn't work out.

--------------------
Even Housebats Get The Blues

Bats are lucky, right?

I always heard they were lucky.

They sound lucky.

I feel lucky, when I'm a bat.

I guess that's why I get into situations like this.

Substantial breasts wave untethered as she assaults me. The broom head sweeps past my ear. Her nipples trace syncopated time signatures in the air, with the fleshy bass notes of constrained fluids as her breasts rub against one another.

Oh, I didn't think nuns were supposed to know those words. Even in Latin.

She has pretty ears, and her pubic hair sub-rustles like Tuscan grass on a dewy evening. She's come out of the bath but her long black hair is only wet at the ends. Water droplets fly through the air like midges as she nearly brains me again.

I sigh and flit away through the open window. Not the best introduction, I guess.

I met my ex in the south west corner of Piazza San Marco over a dinner of house moth and mosquito. Ixie, her name is. We joked about Florentine cats and the shortage of belfry space midtown. You might hear her around the city; she has the sweetest ultra-soprano voice and a sly little wing flutter that drives you wild.

We raised a kid together. A little girl. She grew up and moved out to a monastery on one of the lagoon islands. I see her around sometimes.

Ah, but that was all another time, another season. Ixie will be off with another guy in a few months when the bats have all stopped being frigid.

That's part of the curse. They're all bunkered down in happy seasonal celibacy while I'm still flying around as horny as a rhinoceros beetle.

I study theology. That's not part of the curse. At least not directly. It's a suitable occupation for a young gentleman of means. I don't mind it actually. I can while away a pretty happy afternoon on Aquinas and Augustine.

And if I've had to interrupt my studies to attend to family business for a few months at a time, what of that? It is no less appropriate. Catacombs don't populate themselves.

Our bankers are very discreet. Our family has known them a long time.

I knaw on the rose stem for ten minutes before it breaks. My mouth is full of fairly disgusting flower sap as I drop it on Sister

Leo's a good drinker and a mediocre student, with flashes of brilliance.

< WFC XI: Naked and Transformed | Needle in the groove >
Even Housebats Get The Blues | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
"I feel lucky, when I'm a bat." by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Nov 01, 2011 at 10:39:39 PM EST
"I study theology. That's not part of the curse."

I think Chase could use a werebat sidekick. (I'm sure he doesn't want one, but he doesn't know what's good for him.)

I failed to pull off the triptych as well, though I'm possibly even less able to write a comic script than a song. Anyway, perhaps what we need is a challenge to develop those mobile apps instead.

Thanks again for officiating the tripartite WFC. Much fun was had.

"Plans aren't check lists, they are loose frameworks for what's going to go wrong." -- technician

Werebat Sidekick by Scrymarch (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Nov 04, 2011 at 01:33:37 AM EST
Unstill Life and Temporary Immortality I can see converting to comics pretty cleanly. I can see a few panels in my head. The style where a fair bit of content is subtext should leave lots of room for the artist too.

Is that a wisecracking sidekick or more of an airborne Tonto?

Iambic Web Certified

wisecracking, I think by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Nov 04, 2011 at 07:28:22 PM EST
Chase isn't really a hero, so I don't know what role a sidekick might fill in his case. Maybe a barista at Catharsis? Actually, there's a TV series that just premiered here called Grimm that features a supernatural detective with a thrope as a sidekick. I'll likely rip it off at some point.

I'm pretty comics illiterate, but I should educate myself. I have a lot to learn.

Honestly by Scrymarch (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Nov 04, 2011 at 09:09:45 PM EST
I'm pretty comics illiterate too, maybe more so, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway ...

Iambic Web Certified

Oh yeah by Scrymarch (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Nov 02, 2011 at 09:35:37 AM EST
Toxic commented she couldn't hear the song in her head. I heard it as either a fast chatty "Jungle King" style. The long meter makes more sense like this. For a slow version, I was thinking more like "Our Love Is Here To Stay", and you might split the line like

Don't make me human
By the light of the moon

Does it actually work? Dunno.

Iambic Web Certified