- Get rid of the Federal Reserve. This is a Ron Paul idea. No, we need the Federal Reserve. Anybody who says otherwise is a dangerous fool. Well, I should be nicer. Ron Paul is not a fool. He knows exactly what he is doing and what will happen when he does what he does. His followers often don't know the first or the second, really, and don't realize that what will happen is, by most conventional metrics, Very Bad.
- Cancel student debt. That would be very nice for my family, personally, but it's a bad idea on very many levels. There are a couple things that might be okay in my uneducated opinion: more government assistance on federally subsidized student loans (say, additional tax credits, partial cancellations) and adding some structures that alleviate some of the burden of student loans (subsidies that lower interest rates, more government help for people with low incomes post-graduation). But cancelling student debt just could not work.
- Gold standard. No no no no no no no no. No. Fortunately, this has no chance of ever happening. See #1, except doubly so.
- Another bigger stimulus. This is a good idea, but nobody occupying Wall Street seems to be in favor of it, as far as I can tell. What can I say, I like Krugman?
- I just saw a list of demands - they're almost universally terrible.
Crrrrud, I should get this little bit of work for this one person done, um, yesterday.
It was an inside job: http://i.imgur.com/fqQw2.jpg
Apparently Sylvester McCoy, the 7th Doctor, is going to play Radagast in The Hobbit. He was also second in line to play Bilbo in LOTR.
We watched the end of the first ever Doctor Who serial last night. She enjoyed it. We'll watch the Dalek one, then a couple other episodes, then move on to Troughton. Most of his stuff didn't survive, but I'm sure there's something worth watching.
Test Thursday. Shouldn't be so bad. Not quite sure what it will be like.
I need to be better at chess.
|< Programming getting back into it | Where we're at. >|