Print Story I hate my head
By ucblockhead (Thu Jan 27, 2011 at 10:56:56 PM EST) (all tags)
Stupid Tyramine.

(Whining inside.)

Here's a list of things I should avoid in order to prevent migraines:
  • Wine, especially red.
  • All cheeses except ricotta and cream cheese.  (Especially asagio and parmesan.)
  • Draft beer and/or microbrews.
  • Liqueurs and vermouth
  • Caffeine
  • Aspartame
  • Dried fruit
  • Bananas, figs, avocados, oranges, grapes, raisins
  • Dried fish
  • smoked fish
  • Eggplant
  • All soy products, including soy sauce and teriyaki sauce and miso soup
  • MSG
  • Chocolate
< Screaming. | chess report. and, kindle vs nook, ipod touch vs others. >
I hate my head | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
*hug* by duxup (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jan 27, 2011 at 11:00:56 PM EST
Ouch.

____
No soy at all? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jan 27, 2011 at 11:06:37 PM EST
That will severely impair your veggie weeaboo lifestyle, eh?

I can by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jan 27, 2011 at 11:38:47 PM EST
In limited quantities.  Basically, the more tyramine I get, the higher the chance of a migraine and a blood pressure spike.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Oh, BTW by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jan 27, 2011 at 11:40:48 PM EST
I didn't mention that the following are also on the list:
  • Pork, especially bacon.
  • Sausage and cured meats.
  • Smoked meats.

[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
An unbaconnated life by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Jan 28, 2011 at 04:29:20 AM EST
is not a life worth living.

jebus... by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jan 27, 2011 at 11:13:32 PM EST
still have bread at least?

except by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jan 27, 2011 at 11:38:02 PM EST
Sourdough
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Sourdough is a no-no? by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jan 28, 2011 at 12:15:20 AM EST
Crap. That explains my most recent migraine.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Sourdough by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jan 28, 2011 at 11:11:47 AM EST
It's not so bad as other things.  "Limit quantities" not "don't eat".
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
yikes by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Jan 28, 2011 at 05:43:01 AM EST
That's most of my diet (though I avoid aspartame as I don't like the taste).

FWIW... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Jan 28, 2011 at 08:34:33 AM EST
my mother's migraines stopped only when she stopped eating bread. She then restarted with cheese and chocolate and no problems... apparently there's something in a lot of commercial breads that just makes everything else more likely to trigger a migraine... but equally I guess that means that Tyramine wasn't actually her problem...

so I didn't know what tyramine was by garlic (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jan 28, 2011 at 11:05:34 AM EST
so I looked it up here. Apparently it (with an MAOI) can cause cheese effects, one of which includes migraines.

Yup by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Jan 28, 2011 at 11:13:24 AM EST
And the MAOI causes susceptibility, though some poor bastards like me get the susceptibility without being on the drug.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Funny by Phage (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Jan 28, 2011 at 11:26:15 AM EST
I get migraines, but not associated with foods.

funny you post this.. by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #15 Sat Jan 29, 2011 at 12:26:23 AM EST
i just had a migraine today. I've discovered that the only real way to avoid them altogether is to be pregnant...and that results in even more nausea.
---------
No wonder you're so irritable! -nt by chuckles (4.00 / 1) #16 Sun Jan 30, 2011 at 05:02:45 AM EST

I hate my head | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback