Print Story Waiting for the man
By Breaker (Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 06:14:58 AM EST) (all tags)
Actually, waiting for the boy, but it's still waiting nonetheless.

Surprise gift inside!

SO, still no baby as yet.  MBW is well over this being pregnant lark.  Inlaws ensconced in the SHEDOFPOWAH, the oil filled radiator keeps it a toasty 18 degrees C during the night so they're pretty chuffed that they can have some private time and space away from us.

MiniBreaker, of course, is loving having two new people to read her books, play with her and take her to the park.

Nipped out to get MBW some yoghurt last night (never quibble with a pregnant woman's food desires) and was taken aside by one of the shop owners.  CCTV wiped, many thanks my friend, here's a bottle of champagne, whisky, vodka and bacardi.  "Many thanks my friend" he beams.

"No no no no no no" I stutter.  "Thanks, but I can't accept this".  He insists and gives me the yoghurt free too.

How the chuff am I to explain this to MBW?  They're currently sitting in the boot of my car.

Job hunt goes on, some nibbles here and there and a disastrous interview; they wanted a quant dev with exotic equity experience.  After some uncomfortable moments, I escaped the interview.

Hmm.  Still solvent, but the need for a job is getting bigger each day; this is the longest I've not worked since 1995.  Restless and underfoot.

Come on, MicroBreaker, or your Mum'll be induced tomorrow.

< I want to be someone like somebody else was once | There's a hilarious Alan Arkin movie with Sunshine in the title >
Waiting for the man | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Start with the vodak. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 07:07:03 AM EST
That way, she won't smell it on your breath.

Vodak? by Breaker (4.00 / 4) #2 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 07:13:30 AM EST
You started without me?

Interviewing here also. by Phage (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 07:16:04 AM EST
Not sure what you do, but Citi, Aviva and Allianz are hiring.

Ah - pregnancies. Fond memories of wife being unable to get out of a sofa. Induction isn't much fun though, but this is v2.0 so should be easier.

That's the trouble by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 07:27:30 AM EST
One foot in the business, the other in tech.

Yep, MBW struggles to even get into bed, far less out of it!

You on Citijobs ? by Phage (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 08:28:37 AM EST
I get some good leads from there. What businesses, and which tech?
I'll keep my ears open and my eye to the ground.

I'm on by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 08:53:33 AM EST
www.theitjobboard.co.uk
www.jobserve.co.uk
www.networkbanker.co.uk
www.jobisjob.co.uk
www.londoncareers.net
itjobs-online.com/
www.theladders.co.uk

And citijobs.  Business analyst and implementation consultant.

Hmmmm. by Phage (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 08:54:52 AM EST
I may have something for you. PM me an email address whilst I go look it up.

You've got mail. by Phage (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 09:05:38 AM EST

Talking to the man by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 09:38:14 AM EST
Right now, TYVM!

Excellente ! by Phage (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 10:08:42 AM EST
Let me know how you get on.

Women, always trying to civilize man by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #5 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 07:55:43 AM EST
and avoid being a single mum.

I don't know, tell her your presence and you mobile broke up a heist or stopped some shenanigans.

i went to the store the other night by lm (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 08:15:27 AM EST
I tripped and stumbled into the guy standing at the counter. Turned out that the guy was sticking up the place and when I stumbled into him, he droped his weapon and the shopkeeper picked it up.

Now he thinks I'm some sort of hero.

Is that a good enough story?

Cicero, The Republic
Not sure if that will fly given Mr Breaker's form? by Scrymarch (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 08:32:48 AM EST

Iambic Web Certified

Nope by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #13 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 09:53:27 AM EST
There was a weapon in that shop? OMG, don't ever go to that shop again!

Actually I'd advocate the truth in this case as if she finds you lying even out of good intentions, you're in twice the trouble.

I shan't lie by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 01:23:30 PM EST
But I shall refrain from mentioning.

In which case by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #18 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 01:25:42 PM EST
Better mention to your grateful shopkeeper that he, too, should not mention. Nor his wife, nor his assistant, nor...

MBW never does the shopping by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Jan 27, 2011 at 05:22:20 PM EST
So that's sorted then.

Best of luck by Gedvondur (4.00 / 1) #14 Tue Jan 25, 2011 at 10:06:20 AM EST
To you and your wife on smooth delivery of the new BreakerUnit.

"Adrenaline dumbs pain" - xth