Print Story 2010-01-11
By dev trash (Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 10:58:31 PM EST) (all tags)
Netflix.
Snow.
Stuff.

When I was at the root canal place yesterday I noticed some mailboxes at the other end of the office park.  I had my mail with me, and thought hey, might as well drop it off, since I'm early.  I had a Netflix DVD in that pile.  I put it in the box around 1PM.  Today, I checked my email and Netflix HQ had gotten the disk by 6AM.  That's the fastest I've ever seen them get a disk.  Granted Allentown has a huge postal sorting facility, but damn.

I am currently being snowed on.  Well it's snowing outside.  At least two inches.

Firmed up plans with S on road trip this summer.  First we want to meet first.  Tonight she suggested Pigeon Forge, over Memorial Day weekend.  So the plan is for me to drive to her place ( 9 hours )  Spend the night, and then we go to PF in the morning, spend the day/night.  As for the road trip deal.  That's end of August, to Mt. Rushmore/Wind Cave National Park.  That's an even 24 hour drive, from her place.  Excited.  Hate planning things in too far advance because I just can't wait! always gets me.  So yeah.

Up way too late.  So off to bed.

< more douchenfreude | Paninis And Other Gifts >
2010-01-11 | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
We did the Rushmore /Yellowstone by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 09:05:41 AM EST
Road trip back in 1984, when I was almost 7 years old.  Spent 2+ weeks driving out, 4-5 days at Yellowstone, then 4-5 days driving back.  Those are some of my first memories and I'm glad they are since there's some awesome stuff to see out there.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
yeah. We're gonna do just a week of travelin by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 08:27:50 PM EST
It's gonna be a tight schedule, but in my mind and I think for her as well, it's more about the trip and not the destination.

Click
First you want to meet by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 09:31:18 AM EST
So the plan is to drive to her place, meet there, then spend the night?

I think you're starting to channel some of hulver's new magic powers. Good job.

Vive le Montréal libre.

yes I am. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 08:34:46 PM EST
And spending the night at her place was not even on my radar.  Originally she wanted to meet before we drive all over the country, which I agree is reasonable.  We were gonna do half way between us.  Then yesterday she asked if I'd want to meet in PF, and I said sure but that's like 3 hours beyond where she lives.  And that's when it kinda moved to, drive to my place, spend the night, go to PF the next day.

Click
Suggest a quick look at a calendar ASAP. /nt by ni (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 09:54:00 AM EST

for? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 08:31:23 PM EST
Sturgis is beginning of August.

Click
doh! by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 08:32:08 PM EST
And I had been so good since the 1st.

Click