Print Story Swine Flu Panic!!!!!!!!
Health
By dmg (Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 01:05:03 AM EST) (all tags)
I am astonished at the blatant propaganda that passes for news these days.

So we may or may not be aware of the numerous documented problems with vaccines.

The powers that be seem to be attempting to make us want to get our flu jabs by creating false scarcity and using reverse psychology

I won't be having a flu jab any time soon. I mean, quite apart from the various health issues, and the nano-particles in the vaccine flu just is not that big a deal. So I have to take a week or two off work - so what?

Why are people so eager to inject goodness knows what into their bodies, just because government (which has a long long history of lying to them) says so?

I just don't get it.

< reduced fat | more douchenfreude >
Swine Flu Panic!!!!!!!! | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Oh, fuck off. by ambrosen (4.00 / 9) #1 Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 05:39:01 AM EST
Wow, that felt good.

THIS n/t by Gedvondur (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 09:40:08 AM EST

"Adrenaline dumbs pain" - xth
sigh by Merekat (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 10:00:23 AM EST
In the recent zeitgeist of husites commenting on getting old and grumpy etc., this kind of thing is now like dusty old cardboard. Not even a hope of a knowing, amused chuckle.

There Are Few Newbies On HuSi by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 4) #4 Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 10:21:14 AM EST
Ergo, you're wasting your time.

Science-fiction wallah, storytelling gorilla, man wearing a hat: Cheeseburger Brown.
I'll be the judge of that... by dmg (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 03:12:20 PM EST

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Heh by Phage (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Jan 13, 2011 at 08:19:02 AM EST
Makes me a little nostalgic.

Did you see boingboing the other day? by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #5 Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 12:53:23 PM EST
They reprinted jsm's 9/11 article.

lol by dmg (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 03:21:44 PM EST
 "we must also not lose sight of the fact that I am right on every significant moral and political issue, and everybody ought to agree with me"

I couldn't put it better myself...

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
What!? by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 04:53:28 PM EST
Why is some of the text blue?  Is that like bold or something?
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Biting on troll food by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 07:55:32 AM EST
Problems with Vaccines probably exist. You link to an article referring to a withdrawn measles vaccine, but it seems that the real culprit may be the Diptheria Whooping Cough and Tetanus vaccine, which has a temporary adverse effect on the immune system when given. People who got the measles vaccine when the immune system was depressed were therefore at increased risk of dying.

Do some vaccines have side effects? Almost certainly, but the question is whether being vaccinated reduces your overall chance of dying, which they definitely do.

Peter Aaby is the person you want to have this discussion with. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandim_Health_Project

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL