Print Story Some months are made in hell.
Death
By okabashi (Tue Sep 07, 2010 at 10:16:03 PM EST) (all tags)
Serious drinking Friday night.

My boss flipped his lid on me two weeks ago over something I hadn't even done. I practically quit on the spot.
As luck would have it, the boss's boss happened to over hear it all and before the end of the day I had a formal apology.

Flatmate moved out due to influence of her latest boy toy and another flatmate moved in to replace her. It sounded cool at first that another flatmate was already arranged with little effort on my part to replace the one moving out. In the end it was bloody hell and the new party was evicted in less than a week. Now the evicted party is threatening lawsuit.

One of the exs found out where I lived and showed up in the lobby of my place on Saturday.

Can not wait for Friday night.

< Cut the music. | Agressively autumn >
Some months are made in hell. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
can not vs. cannot by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Sep 08, 2010 at 01:39:14 AM EST
Cannot refers to something which is impossible. Can not implies that you can do something. In other words, you have used it correctly because you can and will wait until Friday.

Also, how fast is your country's legal system, that you can get an eviction order in one week?

Renter's suck by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Sep 08, 2010 at 12:45:49 PM EST
based on my experience as a landlord.

greengrocer's apostrophe by johnny (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Sep 08, 2010 at 06:03:50 PM EST
There, I said it.

No yell at me and make fun of me.

I meant to say "now" by johnny (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Sep 08, 2010 at 06:05:26 PM EST
but wrote "no". I'm a moron. See how easy it is?

There is an internet rule by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Sep 08, 2010 at 06:18:17 PM EST
that when you correct someone's grammar, your correction will have a grammer mistake.

And the corollary by dmg (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Sep 08, 2010 at 10:12:15 PM EST
That when this rule is pointed out. it must inevitably contain a spelling mistake...
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Darn it by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Sep 08, 2010 at 06:17:33 PM EST
I was hoping to get ammo with that bait.

He swings. by johnny (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Sep 08, 2010 at 06:48:52 PM EST
He misses. That's strike two. Or maybe one, I'm not paying close attention to this game. Hand me another beer, wouldjz?

HA-HA! by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Sep 09, 2010 at 03:51:02 AM EST