Print Story I hope I hope I hope.
Internet
By gzt (Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 12:22:07 PM EST) gzt, lunch, rolling stones, pharmacy, wittgenstein (all tags)
Still in anticipation for semi-secret project.

I'm not going to do the church treasurer thing. I really am not free until May.

I am the master of the synthesizer.

Things are going to be okay.

I kind of agree with Krugman: need another stimulus, this last one was actually kind of a okay, at least, and didn't go far enough.

I feel like I'm treading water until I hear back. I should probably do some real work over the next couple days, but, whatever. Will try not to be terribly demoralized if rejected. But I thought they liked me.

I feel okay about explaining the strategic relevance of this survey and why, really, we don't need it and shouldn't push it out. I just don't see why it's not immediately and intuitively obvious to somebody in communications - perhaps the fact that it's a survey with numbers and stuff as well as a communication that's confounding things?

I was going to fill an Rx today, forgot the slip at home. Drat. I think I have enough to go one more day, so I can do it tomorrow, but I hate it when I forget stuff. It'd be one thing if I still lived right by a pharmacy, but I don't anymore. I work right by one, though. Hence the annoying thing about leaving it at home. Have to finish homework tonight, so I don't want to run off to the pharmacist when I get home after training. Don't want to send Teh Wife after it because she's nice to have around sometimes, maybe, I guess.

Rolling Stones are a lot better to listen to on the train than The Beatles. More noise.

I've got to figure out what I'm doing for lunch.

< Results are in. | Clumsy or random >
I hope I hope I hope. | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You can fill an Rx in person? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 12:40:27 PM EST
Unless I mail ours in, written on vellum and in gold ink, with a four page report on the effects of the med, our insurance won't cover them.

I work for the Evil Empire. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 01:02:56 PM EST
But, yeah, for long-term meds, we have a mail thing...

No you don't by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 01:03:45 PM EST
you're not in Connecticut.

5th largest. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 01:06:32 PM EST
Maybe 4th. Haven't checked the standings lately. So, yeah, not the Evillest Empire, but a member of the League.

So, you try harder to be evil by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 01:13:29 PM EST

echoing George .. by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 12:43:55 PM EST
who gets a paper script any more  ? Either it's sent mail-in for any long term meds, or the docs office sends it to the pharmacy of my choice .. Hell, you work for one of those cursed insurers..

If I'm in their office... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 01:02:00 PM EST
...and it's a short-term script, it's quicker to just print it out for me than for them to coordinate with me which pharmacy to look at. There are probably 2000 pharmacies in the city.

seriously ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 01:13:32 PM EST
I mean, I figure big city would be more networked than my podunk town. All records are electronic, so they ask which pharmacy we use, email/"electronic delivery" the script there, it's ready (plus/minus some paperwork) for pickup when we get there. We've got maybe 25 pharmacies, but you tell them which one, they're in the directory..

You doc still using paper notes or something ?

see, here's the thing by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 01:19:49 PM EST
there are copies of the same pharmacy, like, 2 blocks from each other. so if you say, "yeah, the one on michigan, it's like just south of the river..." and they're like, "100 n michigan?" and you say, "oh, yeah, that totally sounds right," and you were really thinking of the one at 300 n michigan, and you forget by then which it was... and then there's the fact that the office staff actually have to go through with this procedure. quicker to just give you a printout with a signature. Seriously, often it's not even two blocks. It's not as bad as Starbucks, were you see them facing each other across the street, but it almost is.

the same pharma ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 01:37:13 PM EST
I mean, we have CVS next to Rite-Aid next to Wallgreens.. but not, say, 3 CVSs within the same area..

Same. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 01:55:10 PM EST
2 CVSs in 2 blocks, 2 Walgreens in 2 blocks...

In a 5 block radius from where I sit, there are probably 7 pharmacies. Mind you, I'm butted up against a lake and a park.

hey by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 06:11:46 PM EST
We still get paper Rxs and when they did the optional mail in thing....our people revolted.

Click
Re: stimulus by nstenz (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Sep 30, 2010 at 01:55:34 AM EST
Do you know anybody who has benefited personally from the "stimulus" (say, gotten a job)? And no, government employment doesn't count.

I hope I hope I hope. | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback