Print Story on gaining ground
By clock (Fri Sep 24, 2010 at 11:00:57 AM EST) (all tags)
yesterday was a turning point.

Yesterday was the fall equinox.  That means that where I live, the days start getting shorter.  This makes me a winner!  Less day star == happier clock.  Night wins.  Go team.

This weekend will be fun.  We have a birthday party for a child of a cousin to attend.  I'm sure that The Dude will be only semi-amused by this.  The party is at 1 which is prime nap time.  It's also a party and The Dude runs hot and cold with those.  It's also after noon which means that Stacky will start getting sick.  Now that I think about it, the drive will probably be longer than our time at the party.  Whatevs.  It'll be fun to see Stacky's aunts go nuts over her gut.  It'll also be fun to taunt her cousin.  It's a sport for me.

I'm planning on some garage time.  Work on the knife handle a bit.  Finish the birdhouse.  Make a trip to the depot to see about lumber for chairs.  Get a hole saw.  Look at grinders.  All of this with The Dude in tow, of course.  Wonder when that's gonna happen.  My plans seem to be falling apart before I get to them.

I do know one thing: I will drink bourbon and watch The State or Jazz on Netflix tonight.  Because I deserve it, you fuckers.  And then I'll surf pr0n.  The good stuff.  Vintage guitars, mostly.  I want to look for cool inlays to practice on the next instrument.  Building guitars requires practice and it's expensive to practice.  We'll, not expensive.  But not cheap.  In any case, I'm looking into making some simpler fretted instruments along the lines of a cigar box guitar but with a little more detail, etc.  Probably try to design a solid body electric soon.  We'll see how that goes.  See?  Lots of plans.  Too many projects!  Not enough time!  Better that than an empty head, I'd say.

So I thought Husi had some hardcore people on it, but I was wrong.  I found out this morning that Burnin' Vernon Reid is on a podcast and no one told me.  Fuckers.  I don't ask for much, just that you tell me when cool shit like this happens.  At least there aren't 100 episodes so I can get on board early.  I love me some Vernon.  So there.

This entry is brought to you by my burning desire to kill time.

I wonder what's for dinner tonight.  I don't remember what is left on the meal list.  Polenta last night was awesome.  Served with portobello mushroom sauce.  That's gonna make it into the rotation.  Polenta in general is in the rotation.  Tasty shit, that.

And so it is with temperatures in the low 90s that I welcome autumn.  Now lets get with the 60s like NOW!

< Belated culturally appropriate Yom Kippur acknowledgement | Kevin Smith seems a tad dumb to me. >
on gaining ground | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Tejas has rotted your brain by notafurry (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Sep 24, 2010 at 12:18:57 PM EST
It is not autumn if the temps are in the 90s. I don't care what the calendar says.

(I'm not entirely certain we had temps in the 90s here. And if we did, I was probably in the water or the mountains. Or the water in the mountains, possibly.)

the heat index is still over 100F by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Sep 24, 2010 at 01:21:23 PM EST
it's more "fall" than autumn.  the trees get tired of the heat and start losing their leaves.

It's 90+ right now here in DCia. by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Sep 24, 2010 at 02:09:52 PM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

And now it's 98 by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Sep 24, 2010 at 03:02:31 PM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Right by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Sep 25, 2010 at 02:10:38 PM EST
And there's a reason DCia used to be considered a hazardous duty posting, and it wasn't the traffic. You all live in places unfit for human habitation.

This was taken on a hot day in August. It was 83 at the trailhead and right around 70 where the picture was taken (4000 feet higher and 8 miles from the trailhead.)

That is fit for human habitation. Not your smelly little swamps.

Looks like the Sierras. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Sep 27, 2010 at 08:25:59 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Close by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Sep 27, 2010 at 09:33:00 AM EST
Goat Lake in the Cascades. Less than 40 minutes from Seattle.

Well, the trailhead is 40 minutes from Seattle.

I'm sure it's the heat and all but by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Sep 24, 2010 at 06:30:19 PM EST
The days have been getting shorter since June 21st.  Up north that's the saddest day of them all.  December 21st being the happiest!

Click