Print Story Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Sci-Fi
By jimgon (Thu Sep 02, 2010 at 05:45:50 PM EST) (all tags)

Nnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
< And, of course, the Squirrels. | Attention Philly Infidels >
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!! | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
That makes me ache, deep inside. by toxicfur (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Sep 02, 2010 at 06:07:55 PM EST
There's just no way....
Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Sep 02, 2010 at 06:23:50 PM EST
It's official: God is dead.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

live action? by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Sep 02, 2010 at 08:13:29 PM EST
legend of the seeker style?
I'm guessing Smallville style by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Sep 03, 2010 at 08:45:14 AM EST
I like Legend of the Seeker, but I'm guessing this has Smallville 90210 all over it.

---------------
THIS IS NOT OK!!! by clock (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Sep 02, 2010 at 08:45:16 PM EST
REPEAT: HIGH BULLSHIT ALERT!!!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I hope it's at least as good as this one by clover kicker (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Sep 02, 2010 at 09:04:38 PM EST

That was brilliant by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Sep 03, 2010 at 01:01:33 PM EST
Thanks for that!

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Welll... by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Sep 03, 2010 at 01:31:34 AM EST

I *was* OK with the news by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Sep 03, 2010 at 03:59:28 AM EST
I figured Gaiman would be adapting the comic since he's written for TV before. But nooooooooooooooooooooooo: "DC Entertainment... in talks with several writer-producers about adapting the 1990s comic. At the top of the list is Eric Kripke, creator of the CW's horror-tinged Supernatural." Fuck.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

What's wrong with Supernatural? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Sep 03, 2010 at 05:10:10 AM EST
Kripke has proven credentials for a project like this, so all the milquetoasty Tarquins need to un-clench and enjoy the show.

Authors by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Sep 03, 2010 at 05:14:53 AM EST
Ask Carl Hiaasen, Stephen King and Elmore Leonard (among others) why they not only write their own screenplay adaptations but make all sales of rights contingent on this.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

Because they're control freaks by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Sep 03, 2010 at 05:41:52 AM EST
with creepy little armies of rabid cultish followers? That doesn't necessarily make for good telly.

I've only heard of one of those authors by lm (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Sep 04, 2010 at 05:40:15 PM EST
And film adapations of his word tends to be pants except for the ones where he doesn't have anything to do with the screenplay like Stand By Me.

Cicero, The Republic
Or by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #15 Sat Sep 04, 2010 at 09:42:46 PM EST
Movies were the director entirely changes a major plot point, like The Shining.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
That's just... by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Sep 03, 2010 at 01:02:10 PM EST
I have no comment.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

What? by CountSpatula (4.00 / 1) #16 Sat Sep 04, 2010 at 11:48:42 PM EST
Did they run out of kittens to rape with cacti for scientific research?

Organics.