Print Story To The Emperor!
By atreides (Fri Sep 17, 2010 at 11:13:59 PM EST) (all tags)
Ladies and gentlemen, please raise your glasses.

To His Imperial Highness, Joshua Norton the First, formerly of Algoa Bay, Cape of Good Hope, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico!

Today is the 151st anniversary of the Ascension of the only Emperor of the United States. Make sure to pay your proper due to him next time you belly up to the bar.

I'm stuck in L-Town, waiting for Party Girl's wedding tomorrow. Will inform later on details...

< Writing contest | Another week. >
To The Emperor! | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
To the Emperor! by iGrrrl (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Sep 17, 2010 at 11:40:32 PM EST
Thanks for always posting these.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

I'll try to remember tonight by clock (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Sep 18, 2010 at 11:59:53 AM EST
when I get my Saturday night drink on!  w00t!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I've got the belly by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Sep 18, 2010 at 05:17:05 PM EST
Does Ginger beer count?

Only if you're carrying by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Sep 19, 2010 at 09:45:51 AM EST
Demon Baby Version 2

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I am raising my glass to him /nt by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Sep 18, 2010 at 07:39:39 PM EST

Things come, things go by johnny (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Sep 19, 2010 at 07:58:09 AM EST
weddings occur and marriages dissolve, babies are born, and people (young, middle-aged and old) die; friendships intensify or atrophy or explode, people find hope, or coast along, or tremble on the edge of blackest despair. And many of these happenings are chronicled here on HuSi, where our fellowship loses, silently or noisily, longtime friends -- just as it more-or-less silently sometimes adds new friends.

But one thing remains constant.

Each year at this time atreides will call our attention to this august milestone.

Hail Emperor, and thank you, atreides.

this august milestone. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Sep 19, 2010 at 09:46:46 AM EST
It's a September milestone.

I know, obvious joke..

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

To The Emperor! | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback