Print Story 162 Years Ago Today...
Misc.
By atreides (Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 01:42:15 PM EST) (all tags)
General Winfield Scott paraded through Mexico City as a conqueror, having received the capitulation of the city the day before.

Thirty-seven years ago today, my mother was rushed to the hospital...

...and I popped out. This means that 20 years ago, I started my Senior year of high school, 16 years ago I finished classes at DLI, 9 years ago, I, incredibly depressed, had just left my job at what turned out to be one of the worst times ever, and 5 years ago I was happy with my new girlfriend, having only recently returned from UKia and Soviet Canuckistan. This time, I have a have a wife and a little girl with another on the way.

Even my mother commented that I'm getting close to 40. And, yet, I don't feel that old. Most of the time, anyway. I still feel like a boy with a little more wisdom and knowledge than is good for him.

Tomorrow, I'm off to L-Town for Party Girl's wedding. I note the irony that Party Girl no longer parties much and Dredlock Girl has cut off her dreds...

This is a strange feeling. It's like I have so many things to talk about, but nothing to say. For all my cool, laid back demeanor, I wish I could just lie back and relax for a while. Being almost a year out of work, though, that's not going to happen.

For now, that is all.

< lulz | Sex and drugs and rock and roll >
162 Years Ago Today... | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Happy birthday! by ana (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 01:47:11 PM EST
...and many happy returns of the day.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

happy birthday! by clock (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 01:49:26 PM EST
and many, many more!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Happy birthday! by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 01:55:43 PM EST

Happy Birthday by kwsNI (4.00 / 2) #4 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 02:03:17 PM EST
37 is the new 27; or something like that.

Happy birthday! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 02:03:59 PM EST
You need a beer.  So do I.  You'll have to drnk one for me.

Season's Greetings! by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 02:14:55 PM EST

Happy Birthday! by bobdole (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 03:21:02 PM EST
Old man.

-- The revolution will not be televised.
Hey happy birthday! by technician (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 06:08:11 PM EST
It's an odd time, isn't it?

Happy Birthday! /nt by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 06:29:16 PM EST

Hip-hop-happppppppyyyyy by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 07:22:29 PM EST
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRTTTHHHHDAAAAAAAAYYYY!!

I hope you have taken some time to reflect on the joys of being you my good friend. Enjoy your day. Smile more (which will be difficult cause you smile a lot but just like, wedge some extra ones in when no one is looking) I send you hugs.
*twinkle*twinkle*

Birthday greetings to the Emperor! by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Sep 15, 2010 at 09:42:58 PM EST
And a hearty Huzzah!

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

I kinda-sorta know what you mean by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Sep 29, 2010 at 04:08:01 PM EST
I haven't been on here much lately.  It feels weird having a lot of things fall into place.

162 Years Ago Today... | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback