Print Story Oktoberfest
By ReallyEvilCanine (Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 06:32:56 AM EST) beer, meet-up, germany (all tags)
Any of you fuckers planning on visiting this year?

We're certainly up for a MHuSi-fest (with adorable-yet-mildly-naughty puppy in tow) but since some close friends are already visiting and crashing here for much of the duration we may not be able to put you up (unless you're up for the kitchen floor) -- it depends when you're in town and if we can trust you to find the vomitorium. Still, meeting up is cool. RIG will drink you under the table as I soberly return home to tend to the puppy's stinky bottom.

Drink, motherfucker, drink!

Hot sisters a bonus.

< I hate the Dark Ages | Cosmic Encounter >
Oktoberfest | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO: Bud Light! by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 08:30:57 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Nope by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 08:32:38 AM EST
Am too old and grumpy and prefer to not have to fight the crowds for my beer. Also, trachtenmode terrifies me.

Why? It's a flattering look by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 02:50:09 PM EST
for most women.

Well by Merekat (4.00 / 3) #16 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 02:56:21 PM EST
If one must be buckled and tied into clothing, there really should be more burnished steel.

WIPO: I don't know by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 09:31:17 AM EST
I have a  3.3 gallon keg to tap before I can decide.

12½ liter kegs? by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 09:51:21 AM EST
Even if that was British it'd still only be ~15l. What's with the sizing?

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

I know them as eighth kegs by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 09:54:37 AM EST
I got a few from kin who work at the brewery in the city my parents grew up in, they're half the size of the quarter kegs, which are what, 7.7 gallons?

They're great for splitting a homebrew batch (5 gallons), into one for now and one for later, though I still have to work on my sanitation, given that I have 3+ gallons of something very sour that was once a Pilsner.

something very sour that was once a Pilsner. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 12:41:05 PM EST
Maybe not so much sanitation as oxygen? Top off the keg with nitrogen, perhaps?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I'm thinking some wild bacteria by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 12:44:07 PM EST
it was filled near the top then bunged, and then a few gallons went into the other tiny keg. There wasn't a lot of air left in the first keg. The second keg was good, but in the six months the full keg matured, something went wild.

For now, it's been topped off with CO2.

Thinking about by barooo (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 10:10:26 AM EST
the possibility of next year with some friends...  But finding a place to stay may be more $$$ than they want to do.  If you have any advice along those lines that might be cool though.  We're not super picky, but a couple of the guys are paranoid/old enough that we wouldn't be down with sharing with random people or doing a hostel type setup.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
Advice by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 10:45:43 AM EST
Book now. SRSLY. Hotel and flights, because neither will get any cheaper.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

Right. by barooo (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 11:33:04 AM EST
But more specifically, do you have any insider tips on finding a place?  The apartment we rented while we were there (before our stay was rudely extended) was awesome, and was walking distance from the terezenwiesse or however you spell it, but is already booked.

It's most likely not going to happen becuase both of the bungholes I'm trying to talk into going are the type that will hem and haw and not commit to anything until it's too late.  I fully expect next August they'll be all "hey, we still going?".

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
If someone has information by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 11:45:35 AM EST
You've uncovered another lying sack of shit. Ain't no such thing. I might have a flat to rent out next year because I need to find a home for my pinball machines so that Mildly Naughty Puppy has her own room here, but we might also be moving, so a lease is something I'm a bit apprehensive about (typical German apt. lease is 3-5 years).

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

hostel setups by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 02:03:20 PM EST
Many hostels have private rooms with x number of beds. You pay for the room and it's yours alone.

Book now. by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #19 Sat Sep 11, 2010 at 04:18:31 AM EST

Or look for hotels near Theresienwiese, there are many.

We'll be close(r) by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 11:27:37 AM EST
But I don't see us getting from the Mediterranean to Munchen to have some beers.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
are we allowed by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 02:19:20 PM EST
to vomit on your floor?
We'd prefer you didn't by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 05:07:25 PM EST
But if you think it might happen make sure you bring along your hot (and cool) sister who will assuredly step up to resolve the situation and accompany the rest of the female contingent on the next day's visit to the nekkid spa just up the street.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

Whale, by technician (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Sep 10, 2010 at 06:40:18 PM EST
while I'd like to go, the wife and I are planning a trip to London and Paris next year.

Septemberfest, not Octoberfest by cam (2.00 / 0) #20 Sat Sep 11, 2010 at 08:38:35 PM EST
it shuts down the first day in october. At least in Australia they actually used to have octoberfest through october.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Fail. by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #21 Sun Sep 12, 2010 at 05:49:32 AM EST
Third weekend of September through the nearest weekend following October 3 (Reunification Day). Cincinnati's fake O'fest gets it right (except for the fucking Bud Light), Australia fails it.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia