Print Story Notes from a small weekend
By anonimouse (Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 06:29:15 AM EST) (all tags)
Weekend stuff, with updates

A weekend spent on my own without the kids and Mrs Mouse; so, what to do?
Fix teh internet and phone system. Must tell Mr Minimouse that if you connect the router broadband cable back to its phone output cable, it is unlikely to work. One rats nest of cabling sorted, and we're back to 7MB down, 1Mb up, which is ok for a village.

After that spent weekend on sofa, as stomach/ heachache prevented me moving further and progressing on some website support work I volunteered for. Cat much appreciated the amount of tummy rubbing time I gave it as a result.

World of Warcraft Auction trading
Up from 750g to 2000g over the weekend; not bad for a lvl20 character. Mainly deal in commodities (aka Trade Items) such as metals and leather. On my server, some ores fetch much more than the smelted bars, whilst there are a few where the reverse is true for some strange reason, making buying and smelting incredibly profitable. Buying off the cheaper items and reselling at a higher price generally works for me, although you do have to try and avoid being carried away by this idea.

Arrived at bike 8:15am this morning
Seat missing - some fucker had stolen it. Spend half an hour on phone with British Transport Police; this is probably a complete waste of time. Still at least it gives me an excuse to get a better ass support.

Left work early and visited old style cycle shop, picking up more comfy gel saddle. Cycled about 10km down canal towpath, was enjoying it until I got to the poorly maintained bits. Found a nice canalside pub, which is a bonus. Actually did the 8km direct ride to the station in almost a reasonable time.

What I'm reading

Deception Point by Dan Brown - no religious artifacts in this thrilller, but nothing to excite. On the other hand, Conn Igulden's "fictionalised history" of Genghis Khan, Wolf of the Plains, makes quite good reading.

< Vacation Round-up. | Goodbye Hector >
Notes from a small weekend | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
In the States by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 06:59:13 AM EST
In the big cities at least, people tend to take their seats with them when they park their bikes.
Quick release seat post? by hulver (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 07:04:05 AM EST
Get a seat post clip you need an allen key for. Makes it less likely it will be nicked.

Also watch out when you're getting a new seat post, there are a huge amount of different widths and it needs to be spot on (There are 27mm and 27.2mm for example).

Cheese is not a hat. - clock
No by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 07:31:58 AM EST
Traditional nut and bolt. Someone obviously came 'equipped for thievery'

Incidentally, it's one of these (not from this supplier) in silver grey.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Respect by hulver (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 07:44:02 AM EST
I'm amazed you're cycling so quickly, that looks like a brick with wheels. "Hi-ten steel MTB oversized tubing."

;)
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Wait by kwsNI (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 08:05:22 AM EST
I thought downforce was good in racing ;)

I wanted something basic by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 08:20:48 AM EST
So it wouldn't get stolen.....

..it seems they're taking the good bits.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
getting a seat post is a nightmare... by bobdole (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 08:19:50 AM EST
...in my experience, bring the bike to the store. It doesn't matter how good you are with those callipers, you'll still end up with several trips to the store :-).

-- The revolution will not be televised.
Cat bellies: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 01:38:46 PM EST
It's sort of a gamble for both parties, isn't it?

You just have to remember by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Aug 09, 2010 at 03:46:07 PM EST
Do not withdraw hand if he sticks his claws in.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL