Print Story The dreams about fellow Husites have returned.
By dev trash (Fri Aug 06, 2010 at 06:28:44 PM EST) (all tags)
This time it was atreides and I assume his realm of friends.

Sadly I can not recall much of any details.  It was a very vivid dream though.

Spent an evening with a friend who is on the bad end of some political issues at work.  And when I say spent and evening I mean sat watching the paint peel as he talked to people on the phone.  He did eventually come down and we were able to chit chat.  Stress sucks.

Vacation winds down.  Took Mom to the farmers market and grocery shopping as her car was in the shop.  Went with a bike ride with the nephew.  Went for an extended ride at the park.  Spooked a flock of geese.

Saw a gal who looked like Courtney Cox riding her bike as well.  How weird would that have been.

Did not get my passport like I had planned on doing.  I have to get this done if HusiStock 11 is to be a reality.

I have a lot of work ahead of me parsing GPX files and aligning them up with exif info for my photos.

Going to finish the wine tonight and maybe do some reading.  Starting a new book always gets me excited about writing again.  But never for long.

I have Klondike bars at home to eat.  Dark Chocolate.  I've gained about 4 pounds since I've been on vacation.  Bad, bad bad bad.

Anyway.  How is everyone?

< No Never No More | Cortez the Killer, back from Defcon, at the beach, considers Twitter >
The dreams about fellow Husites have returned. | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I think you may have an extra year by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Aug 06, 2010 at 10:35:27 PM EST
as far as we're concerned. I have to write an update about it really but since you've mentioned it here, it's in your diary first (aren't you special!) it will likely be Husistock 2012. We have a wedding we are a MUST to attend next year and, of course, it's far away. Sooooo... there's that. Also, it's kinda turned out that we haven't really got our boat yet. Though it exists not far away. So, instead of this year being our first year with a boat we will maybe get it in the water this year maybe not. I don't even want to talk about how disappointing this is to me. I'm trying to be a grown up. In any case, these two things together mean Husistock gets pushed back a year. Just gives everyone less excuses to miss it! More time to plan.

I'm excited about getting grown up time for a few days starting tomorrow. Thanks for asking!

*twinkle*twinkle*

It's moved? Great! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Aug 06, 2010 at 11:17:23 PM EST
Welsh Girl's family planned a reunion for this past July 4, but it didn't happen. They're attempting to do it again July 4th weekend 2011. They asked Welsh Girl to be on the planning committee but she's hemming and hawing because, in theory, we would be in your house at that time. Now there's no conflict! W00T!

P.S. Is it too early to lay claim to a room?

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Cool! by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Aug 07, 2010 at 07:18:56 AM EST
That would have been a crummy decision to have to make for Welsh Girl, I'm very glad this simplifies things for her. I'm sure it will mean a few more people can come too a year extra makes planning easier for everyone, now we'll have no excuses.

You may lay claim to a room now, because you are special and you make me laugh. Also, I recall some of you people from the warm lands got a little chilly during the night (which was hilarious to us by the way... sorry...)  and we never know what the summer will be like then. This year it was insane-a-lang hot but you never know with Canada.
*twinkle*twinkle*

chilly? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Aug 08, 2010 at 10:55:24 PM EST
Where do you live?  Nanavut?

Click
this is both a sad and happy thing. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Aug 08, 2010 at 10:53:56 PM EST
That frees up my 2011 to visit Arcadia National Park for a few days.
It also means I don't have to fret because I do not have my passport yet.

But dammit, 2012?  Oh wait, I do love me even numbers.

Click