Print Story president just drop by.
Marriage
By gzt (Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 03:06:48 PM EST) gzt, igx, galileo (all tags)
Bungs up traffic. Terribly annoying if I were out there. I hate it when things bung up traffic.

At least, I assume it was him. Who else has a motorcade?

Dropping by a wedding rehearsal today because I'm doing one of the readings.

Got into a discussion about Galileo. My contention is always that it's more about Galileo being a prick to the Pope than Galileo dissenting from "official" church doctrine. Nobody really cared what he was teaching. The Pope just cared that he was being called a simpleton by somebody in the Papal States.

I misread the cafeteria schedule and thought there was something decent there, so I went to the cafeteria and found nothing decent. I did grab a slice of pie. It was some sort of pan-fruit pie, it had rhubarb in it. Adequate, not great.

Group had an idea for doing some scorecard thing internally just so that we know what's going on in the company, something to glance at to know whether we should drill further. Maybe 3 pages. Somehow turning complex, estimate at least 40 pages, possibly available for outside consumption. If we do that, it will never be used and never be sustained. When they finished talking about the ponderous one, I suggested that it would be valuable to do a minimal one as well that could be easily updated monthly and a quick glance could easily tell us whether something is off, then volunteered to do it myself.

This is all just nonsense.

I was going to say more, but it's getting close to my time of departure.

< Bike Ride the second | Did you know? >
president just drop by. | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
And as usual with censorship by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 05:52:17 PM EST
nobody who discussed it actually read it. Galileo included a specific astronomer (with an official appointment by his infalibility) named as "Simplicio", not the pope.

Wumpus

it was not a specific astronomer by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 10:21:47 PM EST
It was a strawman of the Aristotelian/Ptolemaic system.

and I've read it. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 10:23:05 PM EST
For two different classes. Even the nonsensical fourth day about tides which he thought was the highlight of his system and would have addressed the Tychonian system if it weren't nonsense.

I apologise by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Aug 06, 2010 at 07:59:54 AM EST
I was just passing through, you understand.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Who else has a motorcade? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Aug 06, 2010 at 09:02:13 AM EST
Here in DCia all sorts of people have motorcades. Pres, veep, speaker, majority and minority leaders (for formal events), visiting heads of state, some ambassadors.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

true by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Aug 06, 2010 at 09:39:53 AM EST
but, given what city i am in, and the size of the thing, my guess is president.

president just drop by. | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback