Print Story He moves!
By duxup (Wed Aug 25, 2010 at 06:13:21 PM EST) (all tags)

Well everything is safe until he realizes his new ability and the ramifications.  He is much less impressed with this achievement than mommy and daddy are.   I think he was more impressed with his banana popsicle he had later in the day after a long stroller ride outside with mommy and daddy.
< TWO IPHONES 4?? | found in the middle of a case >
He moves! | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
He's lovely. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Aug 25, 2010 at 08:05:29 PM EST
Also, your wife has cute slippers.

And yep, he doesn't seem to have grasped the motive for movement yet from that video.

It is weird by duxup (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Aug 25, 2010 at 11:07:45 PM EST
He seems to learn new things but not always put together what is too his advantage.

____
+1 fluffy slippers by Phage (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Aug 26, 2010 at 07:31:16 AM EST
Also it's the long-suffering look he keeps giving her.

Bananas are radioactive. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Aug 25, 2010 at 09:35:02 PM EST
I thought you loved your baby?

I'm hoping for superpowers by duxup (4.00 / 2) #5 Wed Aug 25, 2010 at 11:05:50 PM EST
n/t

____
You think nothing's safe now... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Aug 25, 2010 at 10:12:22 PM EST
...wait until he can walk! The Despoina can reach anything at about my waist level and if it's less than about 5 inches from the edge, she's on it like the proverbial Ethiopian on the proverbial Big Mac!

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Yeah, the ability to stand is pretty amazing by lm (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Aug 26, 2010 at 05:45:32 AM EST
Once it happens, all the syuff that used to be out of reach is suddenly new and interesting territory to explore.

:And then once they figure out that they can stand on something else to make their reach higher ...

Cicero, The Republic
Mine has... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Aug 26, 2010 at 11:54:33 AM EST
...but hasn't entirely put two and two together to equal greater grasping range.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

That always amazes me by duxup (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Aug 26, 2010 at 09:41:58 PM EST
Having the physical ability.
Actually doing what it takes to move.
Figuring out what can be done with the new skill.

It is amazing how long it takes each step considering how much effort they put into getting things.

____
Mike is too cute. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Aug 25, 2010 at 10:29:36 PM EST
I think he's waiting for the Hello Kitty doll before he crawls more than a few steps across the floor.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Hello Kitty by duxup (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Aug 27, 2010 at 08:18:12 AM EST
I'm hoping he isn't too into the geeky Japan fascination.   They have some alright games and pretty girls and all that but some of those Japan fanatics get a bit creepy.

____
You'd be better off by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Aug 27, 2010 at 01:04:07 PM EST
if you just planned on his 'love anything Japanese' obsession.

It's what kids do these days.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

True by duxup (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Aug 27, 2010 at 02:15:08 PM EST
I'm thinking though it might pass by the time he gets old enough to be obsessed with anything other than his current obsession of eating anything he can get his hands on.

He ate a really good car repair coupon recently...

____
Has it come out the other end yet? by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Aug 27, 2010 at 04:16:40 PM EST
I don't miss diapers.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Hard to tell by duxup (4.00 / 1) #17 Sat Aug 28, 2010 at 11:29:02 PM EST
He may have not eaten as much as we expected, but I don't look closely when it comes to such things.

____
Baby duxup by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Aug 27, 2010 at 07:15:07 AM EST
Is teh cute!

Time for the baby proofing of kitchen cupboards and drawers etc...

Humm by duxup (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Aug 27, 2010 at 10:13:46 AM EST
Maybe I should at the least move my tasty uranium flakes from the lower drawer ....

____