Print Story Once Again, an A and a Probable B...
By atreides (Fri Aug 13, 2010 at 03:51:43 PM EST) (all tags)
...and there's a small chance that B could turn out to be an A.

But it's a really small chance. My Trig class final was today. Calculating my grade last night, I determined I needed a 45 on the exam to have a B in the class. I miscalculated somewhere because the prof gave me a rundown of my grades and I only need a 36 to have that B. More importantly, an 86 means I'll squeak out an A. Do I think I'm going to get that A? I doubt it. I only finished 30 of the 34 exam questions; the best I can make is 88. So, if I didn't make more than one major mistake or a couple of minor ones, I have it. But I'm not putting money on that. No, I'll be happy with my B. The only annoying thing would be if I ended up with an 89 average. That would suck. To be so close and miss it...

I shit out my last paper for Comp 2 a couple of days ago. Perfect grade finished sewing up my A there. Expectations must be really, really low in these classes. Seriously.

The most important thing here is that I'm feeling really good. I gave myself a goal I wasn't entirely sure I could accomplish (to get 4 classes done during the summer, two math, two English), an not only did I accomplish it, I made sweet love to it in a way it's husband never could. OK, maybe not, but it feels nice to have confidence in my abilities again.

Let's see if I can get a nap before the Despoina wakes up... I've earned it.

That is all.

< maybe dancing will be okay, too | And my goal was to write 750 words a day. >
Once Again, an A and a Probable B... | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Congrats. by ana (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Aug 13, 2010 at 03:55:18 PM EST
One college lit class I took (as a senior, i think) was populated mostly by freshman engineers. The TA was absolutely thrilled that I could write a paragraph that made sense and had a point.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Awesome! by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Aug 13, 2010 at 04:37:07 PM EST
You rock!! Absolutely be proud. It's nice to not suck.
*twinkle*twinkle*

89 is the worst grade ever. by misslake (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Aug 13, 2010 at 05:26:05 PM EST
my parents would always ask me "where that other mark went" and why couldn't i have done better.

75 was never met with much comment, because 75 is good. and a big 65 is always celebrated, way to not fail it! that must have been a real tough one, eh? good thing you managed to keep it together.

somehow, 89 is met with the most criticism.

i think you have done splendidly. don't beat yourself up if you end up with an 89! 89 is actually an awesome grade.

Ecellent job! But don't get cocky. by lm (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Aug 13, 2010 at 09:25:59 PM EST
For someone of your age and experience, an A in freshman comp ought to come relatively easy.

Just keep in mind that the As won't always be so easy.

And, if you need more motivation, is your school one of the ones that let students bet on their own performance? You could be getting paid to bring in those As.

Cicero, The Republic
Keep up the good work! by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Aug 14, 2010 at 12:32:51 AM EST
School's a drag, but worth it. I just this week finished my 2nd Associates degree.

Being done feels so good.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly