Print Story I have ants in my house
By purr (Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 12:49:14 AM EST) (all tags)

That is no fun!

The guy is coming tomorrow to spray outside and inside the house. I am really hoping that helps. I have cleaned and my counters thoroughly but they have taken up residence.

I have watched several movies on DVD since I last posted. I liked "The Informant", but it was definitely not what I was expecting.  I was very disappointed with "Inglorious Bastards". It definitely could have been better.  I watched "The New Daughter" with Kevin Costner. That movie was creepy *spoiler alert* it was really depressing at the end. The ending implied that everyone (including the kids) all died a gruesome death. Only the bad guys survived to fight another day.

Currently, I am reading “Leader of the Pack” by Karen MacInerney. I finished her other book before this one called “On the Prowl”, great sex scenes in the book and really sexy characters.

The Championship Swim Meet is this Saturday. I am ready for it to happen.
I am tired and have been stressed out to the max. After the Championship and Award Banquet that follows, my stress will greatly reduce.
Other than the fact that I am not in bed yet, I have been trying to get along with my hubby. He has been better. It’s not great but I am trying to make the effort.
< Now that wasn't so bad. | A Day in the Life -- Inbox: (412/13279) >
I have ants in my house | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Better that by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 06:40:08 AM EST
Than ants in your pants!

that tickle you feel by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 09:07:07 AM EST
ain't from 6 little feet..

It ain't by purr (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 11:32:00 PM EST
What is it then?
Life is good when you are young. Then it sucks when you are old. And then you die. Live it while you got it.
there's a faq by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 09:09:21 AM EST
that says how to use the spoiler tag.. grey text on a black background isn't exactly it..   http://wiki.hulver.com/wiki.pl?Using_Spoiler_Text

this is a spoiler

I did an awful job, didn't I? by purr (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 11:33:21 PM EST
Thanks for the info.
Ants by duxup (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 01:25:53 PM EST
There are these little ant poison dispensers that have a gel like fluid in them.  They're not meant to kill the ants outright but they feed on it, take it back home for everyone else to eat, and then you wipe out the whole lot over time.  I have found these VERY effective.

____
Do you have a brand name by purr (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 11:35:41 PM EST
for those things? I would love to look in to getting those for any future problems I might have.
Thanks
Terro by duxup (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 01:32:21 PM EST
I grab what the local hardware store has.  In this case the company is Terro.   The liquid ant bait things inside the clear plastic trap looking like thing is what I find handy.  I like that you're not spreading chemicals much.   Granted, for a bit you will attract MORE ants to those traps as they get all excited about a yummy food source, but that is what makes them work.  Attract everyone to come get food, take it home over and over again, and kill everyone over time.

____