Print Story HOLY!
By nightflameblue (Wed Jul 07, 2010 at 03:31:00 PM EST) (all tags)
I have damn near the same guitar, but it doesn't make those noises.

The kid even retunes mid solo when a string goes off for a second. WTH?

< An innocent peck? | in which the author links to an article about squid genitals >
HOLY! | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
That was awesome by MartiniPhilosopher (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Jul 07, 2010 at 03:52:14 PM EST
but someone had better teach that kid some better hand/wrist positioning techniques lest his ring and pinky bones decide to fuse together at some point.

True. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Jul 07, 2010 at 04:45:16 PM EST
Prodigy at twelve, wrist splints by fifteen.

Blinks by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jul 08, 2010 at 05:13:05 AM EST
He's a bit nippy on that fretboard, isn't he?

A bit nippy? by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Jul 08, 2010 at 05:15:05 AM EST
I thought maybe setting it on fire.

12 years old. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jul 08, 2010 at 07:03:37 AM EST
God knows what he'll be like when his hands are grown and his reach is larger.

It's enough to make you want to burn your own guitar.

Pretty much. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jul 08, 2010 at 09:37:55 AM EST
I get vastly amused by the number of older "musicians" that get all uppity about a video like that. One of the places I hang has a strong contingent of "I'll be impressed when he can write stuff like that." With a large dose of "anybody can learn songs note for note. Improvise a little." Jealousy is so ugly when it's denied.

I'll openly admit it. Doesn't mean I'll slam the kid for bringing the rawk.

Damn right. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 06:29:26 AM EST
Do I wish I could play like that?  Oh yes!

He's got the chops and you only learn how to improvise by learning other's licks, and pick up their tricks, in an "I see what u did there" way.

Him playing note for note is a vital step in that I think; got to get the tools sharpened before you start carving, so to speak.

As far as jealousy goes, I can't play like that but I'm glad that there's people that can.  More rawk in the world is a Good Thing, IMHO.

Meh. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jul 08, 2010 at 04:32:26 PM EST
Wake me when he plays anything from Street Lethal.

Finally I got a chance to listen to this by TPD (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Jul 12, 2010 at 01:15:34 PM EST
awesome!!!!

I think I once got as far as learnng the opening riff half speed on this one!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
HOLY! | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback