Print Story My Very Busy Saturday
By codemonkey uk (Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 09:10:58 AM EST) (all tags)
Inwhich I have a very busy and very nice day.

If you take pleasure in other peoples misery, this is not the diary for you.  If you like to share in other people's simple joy, read on!

Saturday morning I went up the town with my two boys.  I had Things To Do up the town, Dylan wants to buy a new game for his DS and Karl has a piano lesson.  Oh yes, piano lessons.  I am officially middle class.

I arrive on time to the music shop, but the teacher is running late, so I take the boys to the local model-and-games shop, where I have said I'd drop of a flyer for a friends business.  Well, it's not his whole business, but things are slow at the moment for his animation/illustration work, so he's doing some of that to fill time and purse.

Anyhow, they agree to post up the flyer on their noticeboard, and I decide to buy a RPG rulebook: Shadowrun 20th Anniversary Edition.  They RPG group I am in is just wrapping up our Dragon Warriors adventure, so it's time for a change of GM, setting, and system.  We like to mix it up, yo.

The whole time I'm taking to the guy who runs the shop, the boys behave themselves.  Wonderful.

Back to the music shop, Karl goes off to his lesson, I take Dylan to the game shop, explain which games he can afford, he picks out Monsters vs Aliens (2nd hand), then comes along with me to do the other little bits of shopping I needed to do while I was out.

Then, half an hour occupied, it's back to collect Karl and head back home to meet with Andie for a bite of lunch before we head back out to a friend's daughters birthday party.

The birthday party is lovely, a tent, some paddling pools for the kids, snacks, and sunshine.  The children all behave themselves and a wonderful relaxing afternoon is had.

Then it's all back in the car to drop the children at their Nan's for the night, so the grown ups can go out for the evening!  To the theater!  A local production of A Secret Garden, which was much, much better than I expected, then afterwards we had a most wonderful meal at Zenz, where we were blown away (and thoroughly filled up) by the vegetarian set menu.

I even had a lie in Sunday morning.

Yay!

< We interrupt the Shedyysey series... | We’re gonna fuck like it’s 1976. >
My Very Busy Saturday | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 09:43:09 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

I agree with xth by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 11:13:30 AM EST
Time spent with your boys was obviously the highlight ftw, but a Sunday morning lie-in really does put the icing on the cherry.

(Especially focussing on the sleep as MiniBreaker kept us up till 4 this morning - molars coming through).

Teething by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 11:45:02 AM EST
Is no fun for anybody.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Yep. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 11:59:07 AM EST
The baby doesn't understand it and is in pain, the parents can't alleviate all symptoms.

We look forward to the happy day when they're all through and MiniBreaker can eat pretty much everything.  That seems a long way off at the minute though!

I have heard by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 01:53:00 PM EST
That some alcohol on the gums is a good solution.

0_o by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 03:00:32 PM EST

For MiniBreaker by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 06:13:26 PM EST
Or the parents?

the mini by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 06:23:54 PM EST
Context here.

I didn't get a bite though, it seems.

Flipping heck by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 06:39:28 PM EST
A proper dust up I missed.  Curse expensive overseas internet.

As an aside my Mum used to put half a thimble of whisky in my night bottle sometimes.  I'll have to ask her if it was when I was teething.

I the bright colors your friend uses. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Jul 27, 2010 at 05:04:08 PM EST
Nice figures.

I hope he gets work. I can't imagine there's much money in figure painting, but even a little would probably help.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly