Print Story How did she get those shorts on?
By dev trash (Tue Jul 20, 2010 at 10:39:20 PM EST) (all tags)
They were that damned tight!  Also watching Wipedout while biking at the gym was kinda interesting.  Content is unrelated.

Speaking of unrelated.  1st cousins can legally marry in Maryland.
And they call my state Pennsyltucky!

This video is disturbing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVPp8fnNfaY

Listening to KEXP.

Eye appointment on Thursday.  Kinda excited to get new glasses.  Should look into LASIK, as I am kinda wearing thin on the glasses thing.  I've worn them since 3rd grade.  Difficulty:  Left Eye is near-sighted; Right Eye is far-sighted.

If my math is right I should only have to pay $70 for new glasses + appointment.  And the $70 is to get the Transitions lenses.

Anyway, gym has worn me out, and I have some lifting to do yet.

< FUCK YOU | Can I has vacation yet? >
How did she get those shorts on? | 44 comments (44 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
LASIK is the best thing I ever did!! by me0w (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue Jul 20, 2010 at 11:55:58 PM EST
Really, really, really look into it. You will be doing yourself a disservice if you don't.

What she said by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 05:26:36 AM EST
I've mentioned this before, so I won't repeat myself for once

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Except by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 03:25:49 PM EST
You just did.

Agreed! by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 10:58:29 AM EST
And assuming your vision is correctable by LASIK, doesn't matter if one eye is near sighted and the other far.  Changes absolutely nothing.

I must be mis-remembering something. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 07:15:40 PM EST
When LASIK came out I thought it was good for one type and not the other.  I guess I should like you know research this.

Click
Lasik won't correct the need for reading glasses by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #34 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 10:05:21 AM EST
That's basically due to the muscles in the eye weakening with age, however it can correct both near and farsightedness as well as some types of astigmatism.  Best thing I ever did, went from 20/300ish to 20/15 in 24 hours.

I have my Rx in the car. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #37 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 06:36:58 PM EST
I have all three of those.  And if I am reading the Rx right, my glasses correct my vision to 20/20.  Not sure about that though.

My left eye is so bad that without glasses I can't see the huge E at top.

That's not bad by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #43 Fri Jul 23, 2010 at 09:02:58 AM EST
Hell, without my glasses, I couldn't see the chart, just this slightly glowing blur on the wall.  Both eyes even.

Just do your research on the different types before you go.  Basically, most places offer the standard basic LASIK with 2 extra options.  With the standard procedure, the use a guillotine like blade to cut the flap in your cornea.  It's statistically significantly reliable (1 in thousands chance of problems), but this is where most of the LASIK complications come in.  Most places offer a more expensive option to use a special laser to make that cut, reducing the risk of complications even further.

2nd common option is a newer laser system that is supposed to not only fix the focal point of your cornea, but also to help correct for the minor defects in your eyes that cause halos and stuff at night.

The place I had mine done started at $700/eye for most basic LASIK procedures and went up to $2500/eye for both of those options together.

Lasik by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 12:38:20 PM EST
I love my lasered eyes.  Never a moment's regret.

I'd advice not going for the low bidder, though.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

kinda icky about eyes and lasers near them. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 07:13:26 PM EST
Also....does LASIK fix both far and near sightedness?

It's ok! by me0w (2.00 / 0) #25 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 08:19:39 PM EST
You don't feel anything when the procedure is being done except for some pressure when the keratome is used. The only icky part for me was smelling the burnt tissue (but that goes away quickly).

LASIK will correct for far and near sightedness as well as astigmatism.

smell by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #28 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 10:50:53 PM EST
Is it worse than the smell you have when you have teeth drilled and filled?

Click
Mmmm ... it is a different sort of smell. by me0w (2.00 / 0) #33 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 10:01:09 AM EST
They neglect to tell you about the smell until the laser is doing its thing. But it isn't a I-want-to-vomit kind of smell.

smells don't bother me. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #35 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 06:32:32 PM EST

Lasik by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #41 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 09:58:30 PM EST
It is freaky, but neither painful nor disgusting.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
If your vision is stable by lm (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 12:06:58 AM EST
look into the surgery.

Cicero, The Republic
it's stable. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 07:14:14 PM EST
It's been about 6 years since my last change in lenses, and even then the Doc was like my eyes hadn't changed much at all.

Also, MD is south of PA by lm (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 12:07:54 AM EST
Maryland is a southern state.

Cicero, The Republic
Maryland by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 01:30:37 AM EST
has a particularly ugly Civil War history, along with Missouri.

And Kansas by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 12:43:28 PM EST
My ancestors moved to Kansas from New York in the early 1850's and fled for Canada in the late 1850's.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Well, I consider it all Mo-Kan. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 01:57:00 PM EST
Their history is inexorably linked anyway.

Try driving up I83 (Baltimore to York/Harrisburg) by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 09:50:09 AM EST
Roughly after crossing the Mason Dixon line you will find yourself in the land of NASCAR, country music, and confederate flags. After rechecking your GPS/compass you are in fact going north.

Wumpus

we like to call that the T by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #21 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 07:36:46 PM EST
Color every thing in, that is not Pittsburgh and Philly and that's the T.  (there are exceptions of course, Penn State, Coal Country ) Mostly rednecks and mostly Republicans.  I grew up in the T.

Click
I think further conversation by johnny (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 12:17:01 AM EST
with the bathroom woman might lead to interesting territories. She's pretty, and she's uninhibited, evidently. These are good things. She seems like she likes fun.

About the nasal thing, however: I do agree there is cause for caution.

I missed the photo op. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 04:40:06 AM EST
You confirmed "pretty"? Was this an IRC thing?

the video....... by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #22 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 07:47:42 PM EST
clicky!

If it's not Karen he's talking about.....then I'm confused.

Click

Oh, I hadn't clicked the link. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #32 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 02:07:57 AM EST
So yeah, Karen and I have been in a Facebook Marriage for quite some time now, so I'm gonna have to ask you to leave us and the baby alone.

ugh you follow her on FB? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #36 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 06:33:28 PM EST
Her tweets can be quite annoying I can't imagine the FB flow.

Click
Hell yeah, I do. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #38 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 07:09:26 PM EST
She's occupying the nexus of funny and hot, displacing Sarah Silverman.
Good grief, man! Have you seen her tastefully-shot n00dz?

dude. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #39 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 07:43:08 PM EST
I ripped that video the second she posted it on Twitter as I had a feeling it'd get pulled by the morality police at Google.

Click
You got video?? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #40 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 07:48:22 PM EST
SAUCE PLOX

The neti thing works for me by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #44 Fri Jul 23, 2010 at 10:00:23 AM EST
and fourteen year old has been using the bottle thing occasionally.

My cousin was hot. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 01:58:09 AM EST
But he isn't a first cousin. He was my mom's cousin.

I bet he's still wicked hot.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

I had a hot second cousin. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #23 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 07:48:56 PM EST
One of my Mom's uncle, who was from Maryland no less.  Haven't seen any of that side of the family since 86

I have by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 05:42:35 AM EST
really nothing nice to say about dudes from Maryland...
I don't know much about MD. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 07:19:33 PM EST
Except that Calvert was a popular name at one time,  And it was Catholic during the early days.  Oh and they allow first cousins to marry.

Click
In California, too by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 09:46:58 AM EST
Mrs. Ha's step mom is also a second cousin (or is it first cousin once removed?).

I've done genealogy for years. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #24 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 07:52:21 PM EST
And I still can not figure out the whole removed thing.  it's a generational thing but it confuses me

LMGTFY: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #26 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 10:21:36 PM EST
CLIP 'n SAVE

Numbers are percentage of relation to you.

how is it. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #27 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 10:50:01 PM EST
You can be an asshole and so awesome, at the exact same time?

I dunno. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #29 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 10:57:13 PM EST
Go ask Elaine.

no expert by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #30 Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 11:26:31 PM EST
But I'm guessing it predates all that.

Yes. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #31 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 12:25:14 AM EST
It dates back to my animal-killing & arson spree of 1974.

Graph fail by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #42 Thu Jul 22, 2010 at 10:02:00 PM EST
It doesn't include half siblings.

My own family tree fucks with that in so many ways....
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman