Print Story Point by point.
By nightflameblue (Fri Jul 02, 2010 at 10:54:28 AM EST) (all tags)
Muzak stuff. Work stuff. Life stuff.

• Selling the last of my old music kit that I wanted to get rid of today. May start the amp shopping today too, possibly tomorrow. We'll see.
  • Been sanding desktops for a few days now. Getting the miter saw back from brother-in-law this weekend to cut the legs up and start the finish. Then it's build and go.
  • Picked up the guitar for the first time in weeks last night. I really need to get my space back in order because I shouldn't go that long between sessions. Poor guitar needs new strings. And I need new fingers.
  • BB is gone this week so of course absolutely everything that I have no idea how to fix is going to complete shit. I'm learning way more about his job than I ever wanted to know, and the boss is convinced this means we need to document our jobs so that, "I could hire a monkey off the street and they could read the documents and do it." I title this When Management Just Doesn't Get It. Yes, document, but you can't document our brains. Trust. We've been trying for centuries.
  • Mrs. NFB has been hunting for a certain brain tickling natural enhancer for a while. Her birthday's coming up and I may or may not have a line on said enhancer. We'll see.
  • Amp Test List: Blackstar HT-5, Jet City JCA20, Jet City Picovalve, Used Peavey 6505/5150 (<--probably complete overkill for my situation, even the new 'low watt' 60 watt version), the new DIME amp made by Dean based on Dimebag's old Randall solid state beast, Marshall 5 watt combo thing I can't ever remember the name of, Anything used roaming the pawns when I go looking that jumps out at me.
  • Really, REALLY leaning on that Jet City 20. Tested one once and was utterly blown away. Designed by Mike Soldano, it's not quite a 20 watt SLO, but it isn't completely outside of that realm. Unless something else grabs my gut, probably gonna end up there.
  • I've got TONS more shit to sell in the back room of a non-musical variety. I'm clearing shit out that gets in the way, and there's a bunch of it. Years of cruft. I'm getting shit done, a little at a time.
  • Gonna round the sixty pound bend on the weight loss thing soon. Got a comment today from the most oblivious person in the office. Waiting for the snow report from hell.
  • Supposed to go look to make sure dad's house is still there since he's been gone most of the week again. Guess I should do that when I do my run today.
  • Blahdios.
< Syd Sym 1.3 Approved | I am the best husband ever. >
Point by point. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
People commenting on weight. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jul 02, 2010 at 12:17:23 PM EST
When I haven't lost any, they seem much more likely to say that I look like I've lost weight, then when I actually have lost weight.

Congrats!

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

UPDATE: I FAIL IT by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jul 02, 2010 at 12:36:42 PM EST
Deal fell through. No new amp day this week.

FYI, no you can't have my shit until you give me the money. "I'll get it to you next month" doesn't work. Apparently he thought I was his dealer or something. "You know I'm good for it" was uttered. As well as, "$mutual_acquaintance knows I'm good for it." I wouldn't care if god himself knew you were good for it, you ain't got monies, you ain't got my stuff.

Apparently he thinks I'm a douche now. $mutual_acquaintance called to chew my ass. After a little esplainin', he apologized.

People.

note to clock by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jul 02, 2010 at 03:28:05 PM EST
yes, i will start selling all that shit soon!  get off my case!  sheesh!!

we have a lot of crap that needs to go, too.  i'm getting itchy to get rid of it, which means aunt flo is on the way.  unless she's not, which would be cool but mean nothing until we're 12 weeks in and stuff.

i want less crap in my house!

have a yard sale. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jul 02, 2010 at 06:15:41 PM EST
For a week.

Click
Too much crap. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Jul 03, 2010 at 09:03:32 AM EST
I would suggest we start a HuSI sale/trade thing, but the end result would be we'd all still have lots of crap, just different crap. Bad result. I want less crap, and more money. I'm greedy that way.

except by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Jul 03, 2010 at 07:57:23 PM EST
stuff doesn't sell for as much as you want it to.

Universal law. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Jul 04, 2010 at 10:27:54 AM EST
Take whatever the lowest selling price of the most beat up used item ever seen online and divide it by three. You may get that.

Point by point. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback