Print Story ATTN Tejas infidels
By yankeehack (Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 12:13:57 AM EST) (all tags)
It has been decided, I will be in the state capitol of Tejas on the 19th through 21st.

Sorry for being a complete PITA, it looks like I can meet on the 19th for dinner/drinks, if you guys are up for it.

I am flying in early on Monday as I would have to leave midday Sunday to make it in during the evening - and that would mean seeing LO for less than 24 hours (and handling her logistics too).

I'm also hoping to land on Monday and get to the convention center within an hour and 15 minutes. Hopefully that can happen. My coworker who really doesn't want to go to the event is flying in on Monday night.

I just realized that I only have one good outfit for this trip and my gig is for three days. Also, I think my smallest bag is not quite carry on size. Not sure if they will let me bring on my travel bag, laptop and big bag that doubles as a purse when I travel.

Best part about this trip? I've been so busy at work that I don't have materials...I have to do a Kinkos run tomorrow and I don't have time (and my executive actually won't be at this thing, he'll be on vacation...)

Thesearethemusingsaboutsomeonewhoisgoingtofreakoutsometimethisweekend.

In other news...

-Work is busy. As I was writing this, my work laptop just rebooted itself from across the room. No idea why.

-Having two days to myself last week didn't really get me anywhere in terms of feeling peaceful, but at least I feel less burned out.

-I miss LO a lot & can't wait to see her. I have not heard from her since last week, but from the camp pictures, she looks like she is having fun.

-For the latest WTF from the ex. He pulled the paperwork to change what he pays in support. We were supposed to go to a judge later this month, but he had to bring his tax form from last year. My attorney thinks either he is feeling bad or he doesn't want us to see the form because he has a jump in income. I think it is the latter. I have not decided what to do.

On the dude front:

-I had a date with an older guy (+13 yrs, if he was telling the truth) last night after work at a "trendy" bar near his place in the city. About professional subjects, he was fine to talk to and had a few interesting things to say. That is about the best spin I can put on last night.

Because the date was with a guy who had some personality tics along with a bigger ego than he should. And by big ego I mean, he dyes his hair (homeboy unfortunately was not maintaining the dye job correctly and he had grey at his temples...yes it was that distracting). He also did the old college try to mention, uh sexy subjects wherein I changed the subject. He suggested getting margaritas (he had two) but I think I flinched once or twice when he was licking the salt off of the rim of the glass - my eyes, not a pleasant visual.

Also, I have blisters on my feet as I parked in the wrong parking garage and ended up walking 10 blocks in heels.

-And because it was going to happen. National Guard guy wrote me yesterday "as a friend". This is what, two weeks after he told me he was seeing someone. And a week before he would be in my area for a night. I was not a happy camper - I had told him when he reappeared texting a few weeks ago that I didn't want something casual. And, after his last text about seeing someone, I would have been fine not hearing from him ever.

The thread devolved from "he wanted to keep in touch" and he didn't have any "hard feelings" to he might "look me up" if the thing with this girl ended. I told him, if that was the case, to think of me when he was with her. He did not like that at all. He said that he thought I was cool but why was I so bitter? He also said that he would not contact me.

So that is that - it's midnight and I need to eat a little something and catch a few hours of sleep before it starts again tomorrow.

< crashing the procyon party | World Cup and Swim Team are Finito >
ATTN Tejas infidels | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Bags by Gedvondur (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 12:50:59 AM EST
Airlines are real pricks these days.  Your three bags will not pass muster.  You can have two, and one of those will have to go under the seat in front of you.

I just check a bag, its easier that way.  I expense the bag-check fee back to my company. Everybody worries about the airlines losing their bag, but honestly that's pretty rare.

"Adrenaline dumbs pain" - xth
it's a little rude too by garlic (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 08:29:09 AM EST
to try to cram 3 bags into the crowded fuselage.

Same here by duxup (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 09:35:36 AM EST
I always check my bag, never been lost, always expense it if it is for work.  I carry a laptop bag / back packy thing, and a camera bag.

Haven't flown for myself for a while so not sure what I'd do then but I'd lean toward checking it.

____
The only reason why I was leaning towards by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 09:50:28 AM EST
carry on is that I will land and have about 1hr 15min to get to the convention center & I didn't want to be late...
Depends by duxup (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 10:07:18 AM EST
Well bad luck always shows up at the wrong time but my limited air travel has always resulted in my bags being available quite fast.

Also if you bring too many bags these days (like everyone seems to try to do) they will often ask you to check one at the gate before or while boarding.

The dude carrying THREE BIG GUITAR CASES didn't seem happy about this on my last trip but.... they didn't even fit in the overhead bins.

____
Except Southwest by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 03:42:12 PM EST
(And Jet Blue, I hear.)
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Monday? by atreides (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 02:03:40 AM EST
Take 7th St to get from the airport to the convention center in a decent time frame... Are you driving or cabbing? LinDze and I are planning to have dinner on Monday 19th. You should join us! You like Mexican?

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Cabbing it by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 05:41:14 AM EST
and Mexican on Monday sounds great.
Sweet... PM to go out ASAP... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 12:11:50 PM EST
Where at? by technician (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 10:48:44 AM EST
PM / email me, we may meet with y'all as well.

No casual somethin'-somethin' with NG guy... by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 02:31:14 AM EST
Don't you support the troops?

Will she return the salute? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 03:00:08 AM EST
She's trying to dodge friendly fire here, chuckles.

He's trying to by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 06:08:42 AM EST
maximize his opportunity before he gets deployed for a year.
I've been deployed. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 07:31:42 AM EST
Believe me, he'll have plenty of "opportunities" no matter what you decide to do. Toss this one back. He might even be worse than me.

Oh he used up his chances... by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 08:29:45 AM EST
his email and state of mind just annoyed the hell out of me.
ATTN Tejas infidels | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback